Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Pics taken Apr 2, 2019

Indeed.
Artistic and intelligent.
The irony being that idiocy like that takes money out of the public pool as we need to pay somebody to clean it up.
Money that 'might' otherwise have gone toward shelters and homeless people.

Blaming someone who is advocating for the homeless while our society completely fails them (and others in precarious situations) because the cost to remove the spray paint could theoretically be applied towards shelters is ridiculous concern trolling. Things like this should be spray-painted everywhere until our society wakes up and does something about the moral crisis we've allowed to happen, IMO.

If you find yourself complaining about a protest, reflect on how often you advocate for justice. Do you really care about what's best for those who are homeless and do things to help change the situation (maybe you do, in which case, I'm genuinely really glad!) or is it just uncomfortable to think about how we leave people behind so the oppression pyramid that is our society can build absurdly expensive junky luxury condos that we like to comment on?

What does it say that this is what makes people angry and judgmental and fired up to comment, and not, you know, inequality, homelessness and oppression.

Blaming someone who is advocating for the homeless while our society completely fails them (and others in precarious situations) because the cost to remove the spray paint could theoretically be applied towards shelters is ridiculous concern trolling. Things like this should be spray-painted everywhere until our society wakes up and does something about the moral crisis we've allowed to happen, IMO.

If you find yourself complaining about a protest, reflect on how often you advocate for justice. Do you really care about what's best for those who are homeless and do things to help change the situation (maybe you do, in which case, I'm genuinely really glad!) or is it just uncomfortable to think about how we leave people behind so the oppression pyramid that is our society can build absurdly expensive junky luxury condos that we like to comment on?

What does it say that this is what makes people angry and judgmental and fired up to comment, and not, you know, inequality, homelessness and oppression.

There's a lot of inequality int his world, not that it's OK, but I'd basically pass out if I listed the many examples of that. The problem though is someone destroying property to get their point across. That will never be OK with me. I still maintain that whoever wrote that is an idiot.

There's a lot of inequality int his world, not that it's OK, but I'd basically pass out if I listed the many examples of that. The problem though is someone destroying property to get their point across. That will never be OK with me. I still maintain that whoever wrote that is an idiot.

Why is destruction of property (it's not even destroyed) a red line that causes you to speak up but homelessness isn't? Do you value property over people?

And yes we should all be really upset out at how much inequality we allow to happen as we spend our days complaining about ugly condos. Reflect on that, pass out (yes the scale of it is horrifying and we should all be horrified not to mention that the same systems are destroying the planet) and then do something productive to help it instead of pretending to be an ally while you fight the people who are trying to help.

Why is destruction of property (it's not even destroyed) a red line that causes you to speak up but homelessness isn't? Do you value property over people?

And yes we should all be really upset out at how much inequality we allow to happen as we spend our days complaining about ugly condos. Reflect on that, pass out (yes the scale of it is horrifying and we should all be horrified not to mention that the same systems are destroying the planet) and then do something productive to help it instead of pretending to be an ally while you fight the people who are trying to help.

Instead of wasting your time on the internet, why don't you go help those homeless people?

They are NOT homeless....they are mentally ill!

42: just need a few more towers stuffed into ur shot and we'd have a dense core... geez lol.
It's actually somewhat amazing how many towers are hidden from view in that telephoto shot, while the gap at King St between FCP and CCW feels exaggerated.

Back