Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Dec. 14th. Bitter cold day for walking around. Probably won’t be coming for the remainder of 2019.

BC914E22-BDC8-4AFE-B6FA-09E0074D5E63.jpeg
4A3F294A-A238-4A58-8863-48E3639D153F.jpeg
F6E55F8E-4F63-4B6F-9BCB-839831118B44.jpeg
C580E41A-CF67-4CF2-BD7C-77BE645B135C.jpeg
CC20F72E-20B9-4362-8618-4EB5787E683C.jpeg
9593DF29-0608-496C-B1DF-89152B3893B4.jpeg

Looking really close to the renders and the sales centre models... Landscaping the park is the cities problem, but I have no idea what they have planned.... hopefully some trees. These buildings and the park (which will thankfully be accessible to everyone) look like they may have one of the best city + cn tower views in the city... and a bonus if you are a rail fan.....

The "tip" is owned by Metrolinx I think - and there were plans to put the traction power substation or something along similar lines there for the LS GO Electrification.

AoD

This cluster really adds a feeling of depth to the city — having this whole other little skyline across the way. Especially so when looking west and seeing them so dramatically by the tracks, but also when looking south on them and seeing big buildings in views from the ground where there used to only be sky.

I was specifically referring to things like trees and shrubs around the buildings which the plans call for, as well as site furnishings like lighting and benches. The park should be kept simple imo with lots of trees and gardens vs recreational programming.

Claude Cormier is doing the landscaping for all of the buildings which unfortunately are turning out quite monochromatic, so it will be nice to have a unified landscape concept to tie everything together.

For those wondering about the park, Claude Cormier has some outdated renders on their site: https://www.claudecormier.com/projet/garrison-point/

The issue I've seen so far with new city parks, especially Stanley Park south is that the landscaping is all done quite cheaply. Instead of these beautiful mature trees in the render, in reality you get some 8-10ft tall twigs and patchy crab grass..

1576681368518.png

For those wondering about the park, Claude Cormier has some outdated renders on their site: https://www.claudecormier.com/projet/garrison-point/

The issue I've seen so far with new city parks, especially Stanley Park south is that the landscaping is all done quite cheaply. Instead of these beautiful mature trees in the render, in reality you get some 8-10ft tall twigs and patchy crab grass..

View attachment 220990
Stanley Park South isn't actually a completed park. They just sodded it over and planted a few trees as a temporary measure until a proper park facility can be designed and constructed.

Back