Toronto Garrison Crossing (was Fort York Pedestrian and Cycle Bridge) | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Pedelta

Anyone know what kind of seeds were in the hydroseeding mix they sprayed? It’s grown to be very tall now and doesn’t look like grass. It would be awesome if they used a native meadow/grass mix but that would be very unlike Toronto haha. Hopefully more trees are added as right now it looks pretty barren.

Anyone know what kind of seeds were in the hydroseeding mix they sprayed? It’s grown to be very tall now and doesn’t look like grass. It would be awesome if they used a native meadow/grass mix but that would be very unlike Toronto haha. Hopefully more trees are added as right now it looks pretty barren.

Instead of humans mowing the lawn, use sheep.

2016674588-300x0.jpg

From link.

Save on fertilizer as well. Deters walking on the grass.

Last edited:
I've had a look around but couldn't find the rationale for dropping the pool component. I'm guessing it was the developers concept hoping the City would pay for it of public funds, but does anyone know? Does any one know the details of that? does anyone know if Parks still wants to add it in the future?

Thanks!

IIRC - it was the issue of who in the future would pay the for ongoing operating and maintenance costs for the pool.

IIRC - it was the issue of who in the future would pay the for ongoing operating and maintenance costs for the pool.
Gee, seeing how much a public pool is needed in that part of town it's sad to see the city get to that point,
...how about naming rights for the pool or even park, wouldn't that fetch a couple hundred thousand dollars to maintain it for the 3-4 months of the summer?

Last edited:
Gee, seeing how much a public pool is needed in that part of town it's sad to see the city get to that point,
...how about naming rights for the pool or even park, wouldn't that fetch a couple hundred thousand dollars to maintain it for the 3-4 months of the summer?
There is an outdoor pool in Stanley park literally a block north.

Lol, that's a public pool? there are bigger pools in Parkdale rental buildings:D

View attachment 202433
It’s small, but it exists :)

It’s never busy either, it doesn’t seem like there’s huge demand in the area.

Sunny side is a relatively short bike ride away too..

Toronto is spoiled with outdoor pools in general if you ask me. Most cities with our climate have only a handful of outdoor pools.. toronto has dozens.

The operating season for outdoor pools is ridiculously short too, they always seem like such a waste since they only operate for 2 months a year.

Given the cost of excavation (where the park is on the only access route for trucks) and adding plumbing/drainage underneath the rail track (probably with a tunnel)...

I am afraid the pool is off the table now...

Strangely I can't find any design of the park, anyone has any luck?

Looks pretty much ready aside from a bit of landscaping, right? Looking forward to using this, or the Liberty Village bridge, whichever opens first... probably this one?

Back