http://www.onni.com/

http://www.theyards.ca/

Recent pics

4369005761_d1d7ca4a35_b.jpg

4369006483_c405795b3c_b.jpg

4369003603_0c21403fd9_b.jpg

4369752598_02df2d5485_b.jpg

4369751932_31ef7bc84f_b.jpg

Very strong podium - but the design looks very stuffy - at the very least they should have attempted to break down the mass of the podium a bit. The "tower" looks rather awkward as well.

AoD

The podium looks like a red-brick version of the "EAST lofts" theme.

east-lofts.jpg

And that is a very good thing. It looks great!

Last edited:
SPIRE:

Yes, except it's double the length from the looks of it, which makes it look really institutional. I do like the use of red (brick??) though - the area can use a bit of warmth in the materials.

What would be really nice would be if they could alternate materials/colours and design details along the facade and chop the block down into 3 or 4 distinct "blocks" - think Amsterdam row houses.

AoD

Last edited:
I hope most of the units face north. So that is the rendering for the 16 +10 storey build I assume? Where is the 22 storey building going, just to the west?

stunnaman ... to confirm, no Onni will not be building under the Gardiner ROW

there will be 3 towers on Block 6 ... 2 south of Gardiner and 1 north of the Gardiner as shown in Archivist's post below :D

Blocks46R1.jpg

This shows the location:
Blocks46Map.jpg

What are the developments in the other blocks i.e. block 8 ... so on?

What are the developments in the other blocks i.e. block 8 ... so on?
Block 8 is the old Loblaws warehouse and there are lots of rumours (which never go anywhere!) that they are finally going to fix up the warehouse (it's historic), open a supermarket there and build a tower on top. There's a thread on it - somewhere.

Ah, I remember now, thanks!

That would make the other blocks to the south ... West Harbour... so on, those are all complete / under construction now?

Back