Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

2030 for the completion of the entire redevelopment?

I bet it will be quicker, once the condos begin selling, unless they are phasing to reduce the cost of labour.

Phasing seems to be centred around keeping the community centre, a grocery store, and a drug store in operation at all times, for the benefit of the community.

All the mom and pop stores have been evicted inside. Mall looks like a ghost town now.

Galleria.jpg

Attachments

• Galleria.jpg
    Galleria.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,277
Galleria to contain eight towers
Lazer said construction at the $1 billion-plus Galleria redevelopment at Dufferin and Dupont Streets in Toronto should begin by the end of 2019 or early 2020. Sales will begin in the spring and preliminary work on the mall will start next year.

Zoning for the nearly 2.6-million-square-foot site was approved unanimously by Toronto city council earlier this year

The rezoning process “was done in a very unique way which we are actually very proud of,” Lazer says. Elad Canada had extensive collaboration with the city, community groups and the public. A consultation process resulted in lower heights for some buildings and more public areas.

Plans now call for eight towers ranging from 18 to 35 storeys, about 300,000 square feet of retail space (more than the existing Galleria shopping centre) and about 28,000 square feet of office space. A 75,000-square-foot community centre would double the size of the existing centre, and an eight-acre park would replace an existing seven-acre play area.

The development should take 10 years to build.

“At the end of the day, we came to a plan I can confidently say made everybody happy.”

Galleria will contain 2,896 units of which 150 will be affordable rental units. The remaining units are planned to be condos.

Current services “that the community relies on” – including a bank, pet store and pharmacy – will remain open throughout construction.
https://renx.ca/elad-canadas-newest-toronto-master-plan-lansing-square/

Galleria to contain eight towers
Lazer said construction at the $1 billion-plus Galleria redevelopment at Dufferin and Dupont Streets in Toronto should begin by the end of 2019 or early 2020. Sales will begin in the spring and preliminary work on the mall will start next year.

Zoning for the nearly 2.6-million-square-foot site was approved unanimously by Toronto city council earlier this year

The rezoning process “was done in a very unique way which we are actually very proud of,” Lazer says. Elad Canada had extensive collaboration with the city, community groups and the public. A consultation process resulted in lower heights for some buildings and more public areas.

Plans now call for eight towers ranging from 18 to 35 storeys, about 300,000 square feet of retail space (more than the existing Galleria shopping centre) and about 28,000 square feet of office space. A 75,000-square-foot community centre would double the size of the existing centre, and an eight-acre park would replace an existing seven-acre play area.

The development should take 10 years to build.

“At the end of the day, we came to a plan I can confidently say made everybody happy.”

Galleria will contain 2,896 units of which 150 will be affordable rental units. The remaining units are planned to be condos.

Current services “that the community relies on” – including a bank, pet store and pharmacy – will remain open throughout construction.
https://renx.ca/elad-canadas-newest-toronto-master-plan-lansing-square/
Anyone know the details on the community centre? Will there be an olympic pool or hockey rink?

Anyone know the details on the community centre? Will there be an olympic pool or hockey rink?

There is a new pool, I don't believe it's olympic size.

Most of the facilities are a swap out w/the old centre except larger, brighter, more architectural appeal etc.

Notable changes to me are the new indoor running track above the gym, and the shift to universal change rooms.

The park will feature an outdoor leisure skate rink and a shinny area.

There's a slew of panels up at this link:

http://reimaginegalleria.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Fall-2018_Panels.pdf

Not much, the Tdot Tumblers have moved to the Stockyards, and the Planet Fitness is moving into some of the now empty spaces in the mall, somewhere around the central plaza I think. I overheard an LCBO employee saying they'll start demo of the west end of the mall in April; the city has issued this on January 18, 2019:
Revision 01 - new west boundary of retained structure (increase in retained Building Area by 21 m2), alterations to exterior glazing, deletion of aluminum panel cladding, CRU layout revisions, retention of Hydro Egress corridor and associate structural, HVAC and Plumbing revisions. Proposal to demolish the west portion of existing shopping centre, relocate exist retail stores and fitness centre, interior alterations, and exterior re-cladding in existing shopping /retail centre "Galleria Mall"

This place should set a precedence to all malls that are being converted into a multi-use community area . Hats off to the architects who created this project !

Back