Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

Two more images with a slightly different perspective - from the planning rationale:

Showing the changes made to the buildings in terms of height:
galleria2.PNG

The intersection of Dufferin and Dupont:
Galleria1.PNG

Attachments

• Galleria1.PNG
    Galleria1.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 651
  • galleria2.PNG
    galleria2.PNG
    574.2 KB · Views: 626
Wait (and I haven't yet been through the revised docs), did we lose the community centre? Or is it just more boringly integrated into a north-side-of-the-diagonal-street podium?

Wait (and I haven't yet been through the revised docs), did we lose the community centre? Or is it just more boringly integrated into a north-side-of-the-diagonal-street podium?
No, it will go near the intersection of the Diagonal and Dupont, but it is not represented in the new renderings - from what I understood.

I think I read that the city asked them to remove all buildings from the south side of the diagonal road, so presumably the design for that component will be handled separately. In the updated plans there is a space with frontage onto Dupont in the northwest corner that's intended to accommodate it.

I'm completely opposed to having diagonal streets in such an urban location BUT if we actually name it Diagonal Street then that's not as bad. "Diagonal and Dupont"... I'm kind of warming up to it.

I'm completely opposed to having diagonal streets in such an urban location BUT if we actually name it Diagonal Street then that's not as bad. "Diagonal and Dupont"... I'm kind of warming up to it.
I prefer to name that diagonal street "Royce Street." Why? Dupont west of Lansdowne was formerly known as Royce Street. Dupont between Lansdowne and Dufferin was known as Van Horne (but that name was later taken for the street tat runs from Don Mills to Victoria Park between Sheppard and Finch).

Not many people know this, but in North York there's a street called Diagonal Rd.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.4 KB · Views: 822
Not many people know this, but in North York there's a street called Diagonal Rd.

View attachment 127188

Leave it to North York to ruin a cool idea...

But seriously, I fear a diagonal street here sets a bad precedent. What's next, loops?

I wish the development included the entire greater block all the way up to Lansdowne so you could create a consistent urban fabric.

No, it will go near the intersection of the Diagonal and Dupont, but it is not represented in the new renderings - from what I understood.

Ah, yeah - from the revised rationale:

Refining the Park Configuration and enlarging Privately Owned Publicly Accessible Open Spaces: The Diagonal has shifted to increase the frontage of the new Wallace Emerson Community Centre on Dupont Street. After accounting for the land exchange, the proposed development contributes an additional 1.27 acres towards enlarging Wallace Emerson Park. In addition, the Points Plaza will be 890m2.

Back