Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

From an email newsletter notification:

As it stands that area is pretty derelict, so after city approvals why not get this going as fast as you can?

I meant as a potential purchaser. No longer interested.

It does seem sneaky. No one is talking about Freed walking away.I don’t think it’s the end of the world though.

Not the end of the world but I’m no longer interested in this project.

I meant as a potential purchaser. No longer interested.

Not the end of the world but I’m no longer interested in this project.

Just wondering if you can elaborate? Also as a potential purchaser (and real estate newbie) I'm curious to understand what the significance of the difference in developer means. Thanks!

I'm curious as well because my understanding is that a lot of the king west condos are poorly developed by freed. Weren't they sued by one of the condo Corperations.

Galleria is backed by great architects. Don't really know much about Elad but all GTA developers are shitty except for Tridel and Daniels.

No real details yet on why Freed backed out but perhaps that'll come up in the Public Open House meeting on Sept 18th.

ELAD is a real estate company with developments in North America, Europe and Israel. Their most notable project in Toronto has been the Emerald City community close to Don Mills subway station/Fairview Mall.

I'm curious as well because my understanding is that a lot of the king west condos are poorly developed by freed. Weren't they sued by one of the condo Corperations.

Galleria is backed by great architects. Don't really know much about Elad but all GTA developers are shitty except for Tridel and Daniels.

Those King West Condos developed by Freed are beautiful, including 60 Colborne and the 2 projects by Yonge and Eg turned out quite well. I guess my point is that with Freed in the mix I know there will be attention to detail and good design at least on the exterior. ELAD is MEH to me. They haven't really done much in Canada and what they've done thus far isn't anything to write home about.

I know nothing about this builder. A great architect can only do so much. If the builder can't deliver then it doesn't matter who the architect is. There are other good developers out there but I'd agree most are meh. But for a master planned neighbourhood I'd want to make sure it doesn't end up looking like Cityplace. All I have to go on ELAD in Canada is what they did at Sheppard and Don Mills. not all that great.

Wouldn't be surprised if they cut out certain design elements and further "cheapening". Say what you want about Freed, he won't compromise the design for $. I can't think of any of his projects that suffered from "the cheapening" at least not on the exterior.

Last edited:
my realtor submitted a worksheet for a unit a few days ago. we haven’t heard back on anything.

my realtor submitted a worksheet for a unit a few days ago. we haven’t heard back on anything.

From my discussions at the PSR Brokerage office at Dupont and Christie today, most of the good 2 Bdr and 1 Bdr + den/flex units have been taken already in the Phase 1 north tower.

The brokerage rep I was speaking with mentioned that for the Phase 1 north tower, prices were averaging around $1000 per square feet. Still to be confirmed, but he estimated the south tower may rise to $1,100 per sq ft. With the amount rising incrementally with each tower being released.

I was at the broker’s launch and the developer said that average price per square foot for Tower 1 was about $965/sq.ft. They were accepting worksheets (online) right after the presentation. Over 700 worksheets were submitted within the first 24 hours for the 200 available units in Tower 1. The penthouses will be released at a later date. The release of Tower 2 could be as soon as two weeks and sales of the other towers will follow immediately one another, moving east across the site. ELAD is not wasting any time selling this massive development.

Just wondering if you can elaborate? Also as a potential purchaser (and real estate newbie) I'm curious to understand what the significance of the difference in developer means. Thanks!
If everything was kosher, why exit the project the week before a launch?

It could mean nothing, but it doesn't exactly exude confidence.

Back