Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

I like the jog there because it's virtually the only stretch of Dupont where the road design forces drivers to slow down a bit; the rest is a drag strip.

That said, I definitely think it's worthwhile to think about ways to make development possible along that northern stretch, though the potential is presumably limited by the OMB crash wall/rail corridor setback settlement.

Proximity to the railway does make the redevelopment of those sites, many of which are not that deep, somewhat difficult and likely makes any residential a no-go. Even the existing zoning is pretty constrained, IIRC. Sometimes, though, constraints make for some unique use of the land. Even the as-of-right zoning would allow for some interesting industrial commercial uses, which could be a lot more interesting than the usual commercial uses which gravitate towards redeveloped areas (Shoppers Drug Mart, anyone?).

Amazing even! I'd say encouraging too if I believed there was more consistency in the way things happen at the City. (I'm hoping for a similar response to the 2280 Dundas West proposal. Not as sure the Bloor-Dufferin one is as spot-on yet…)

Well how about that! Gives me more hope that the one on Bloor/Dufferin and Bloor/Dundas West might happen.

This one makes more sense than the TDSB or ChoiceREIT development. I'm ambivilant to the school development. It's out of place but, engages the community. The ChoiceREIT turns its back on the community. It's like Main Square but, at today's standards

Have city staff ever reported on the feasibility of a Dufferin streetcar? Or BRT?
Not quite an answer to your question, but somewhat related to this: yesterday we received a flyer from Ana Bailao to let us know that the Dufferin Express Bus is coming this Fall (2018), along with additional buses, and that the TTC is also exploring other ways to improve this bus line. Also, biking infrastructure will be improved in the area - can't remember all the details but a bike way will be created on Bartlett Avenue.

I remember reading somewhere that Byford's fantasy subway after the DRL was a dufferin subway.

Of course that is a real fantasy.

Dufferin's problem is that it is a narrow ROW that makes it difficult to upgrade transit services, and for a huge length. It's the only bus route in the city that operates at that frequency in such constrained conditions.

I remember reading somewhere that Byford's fantasy subway after the DRL was a dufferin subway.

Of course that is a real fantasy.

Dufferin's problem is that it is a narrow ROW that makes it difficult to upgrade transit services, and for a huge length. It's the only bus route in the city that operates at that frequency in such constrained conditions.

And, as an offshoot of that, any Toronto councillor will tell you that one of the most unpopular things they can do is propose the removal of parking spots, which would be required for any grade-separated transit ROW.

Haha, anybody thinking they could put an LRT up Dufferin are not living in the real world, it's just too narrow and wont happen,
You might just see a subway line from the Lake Front to Yorkdale proposed in the next 30 years?

Part of the YUS line already parallels Dufferin very closely, further north. I wonder if a combination of GO Barrie line RER and increased service on other parallel bus routes would alleviate some of the Dufferin load.

South of Eglinton the Dufferin bus is far enough away from the University line.

I sort of picture a Canada Line like service using small, low cost trains and platform sizes to save costs. there just isn't really space on the surface for an effective high capacity service.

Back