Toronto Galleria 01 & 02 | 92.65m | 29s | Almadev | Core Architects

Some disassembly type work is happening to that small 1-storey furniture building with parking frontage, on the NE corner of Dufferin & Dupont. It doesn't look like a full demolition or at least not yet when I passed by quickly today.

Don't believe there's anything substantial proposed for that. But I wonder if that could a potential sales office and showroom for Freed's Galleria redevelopment.

Some disassembly type work is happening to that small 1-storey furniture building with parking frontage, on the NE corner of Dufferin & Dupont. It doesn't look like a full demolition or at least not yet when I passed by quickly today.

Don't believe there's anything substantial proposed for that. But I wonder if that could a potential sales office and showroom for Freed's Galleria redevelopment.

The building permit application for 1152 Dupont Street show a Proposal for interior alteration and addition to existing retail building in order to convert it to showroom. It might be for a sales centre, as I believe the west side of the mall where the Reimagine Gallery currently is will be demolished soon. There's also a sign permit for the mall - work has started on these with holes in the ground made this week: To erect and display two static non-illuminated ground sign. **GALLERIA ON THE PARK**; as well as for Interior Alterations: Planet Fitness Interior alteration for relocated A2 occupancy within Galleria Mall, including associated Mechanical and plumbing work.

Last edited:
The building permit application for 1152 Dupont Street show a Proposal for interior alteration and addition to existing retail building in order to convert it to showroom. It might be for a sales centre, as I believe the west side of the mall where the Reimagine Gallery currently is will be demolished soon. There's also a sign permit for the mall - work has started on these with holes in the ground made this week: To erect and display two static non-illuminated ground sign. **GALLERIA ON THE PARK**; as well as for Interior Alterations: Planet Fitness Interior alteration for relocated A2 occupancy within Galleria Mall, including associated Mechanical and plumbing work.

Nice. The location for it as a sales centre makes sense. It also aligns with the projected timeline, especially now that marketing and demolition work is vamping up.

The NE corner of Dufferin & Dupont as mentioned in the discussion above:

20190702_172605.jpg

Correct, this is where the sales center will be. No idea what the plans are for after but that's a decade away at this point...

Retail, gallery with employment space above would be appropriate for that NE corner. The places further up along Geary have already shown the demand for it. By the time the Galleria development is all done, there also wouldn't be any shortage of density.

Last edited:
Has all the businesses in the Galleria mall closed? Rexal, Planet fitness and other small ones?

TD, Freshco, Rexall, a relocated Planet Fitness, and I think also Pet Valu and Happy Bakery are remaining open while the western half of the Galleria gets dissected and demolished first. From what I recall hearing at a community meeting and attending the sales centre at PSR Brokerage, the central core of the old Galleria will stay intact for majority of the entire redevelopment plan. As they want to maintain retail amenities for the area, and will redevelop that lot last as it allows transitioning the old businesses to possible available units in the earlier phases.

Back