Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I am in no way suggesting someone jumped, but they may have had a bit of an angry moment and thrown a chair at it, or bumped into it, etc.

Those are not things that would typically break a glazing unit, and certainly not in this case, given that the external layer of glass appears to be what failed.

It was likely a faulty panel.

Last edited:
0kpk.jpg

They are replacing a handful of windows as well as the mullion caps (is that redundant?) on the windows on the top 10 floors or so. I took a close up pic today but it's not that interesting to share.

Maybe I'm some kind of philistine, and I'm not "getting" the "art" here, but if I was a high-roller, and I arrived at this 5-star establishment after a long journey, I'd be pretty disappointed when I was welcomed by this:

View attachment 16742

I'm with you there. The building is obviously top notch but the podium leaves much to be desired, design and materials. Seems like they wanted to try something different, but they should of just stuck with polished granite or marble.

Back