Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

It's so true @Irishmonk, I was just passing through the other day and wanted to check a few things on my phone, so a few of us sat down for a few minutes and there was a glorious cross-section of the city enjoying the lovely space (with wall in full mist to animate the space). Two distinguished gentlemen were puffing on fine cigars while chatting, a few tourists were checking their maps, some of the hotel workers were lounging post- or pre-work, and shoppers of various price point were resting their feet.

I find the paving to be very aesthetically pleasing with its slim angular variations and light tone; the manicured shrubbery adds a dynamic interplay of colours and textures to the space without dominating it; the trees have grown nicely and sort of hover above the low landscaping below; while I simply love the mist wall.

Yeah, the majority of the seats are occupied anytime I go past, and it's great. This is at least the second summer the chairs have been out there, though.

Gorgeous sunset to the north tonight.
IMG_3410.jpg
IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3412.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 536
I shouldn't really post these here, but about 8 km to the west of you I must have been taking these at just about the same moment, from a lookout over a bend in the Humber River. The cloud is so similar, that's just reason enough to go off topic for one post!

DSC02143.jpg
DSC02144.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02143.jpg
    DSC02143.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 787
  • DSC02144.jpg
    DSC02144.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 801
I shouldn't really post these here, but about 8 km to the west of you I must have been taking these at just about the same moment, from a lookout over a bend in the Humber River. The cloud is so similar, that's just reason enough to go off topic for one post!

View attachment 116329 View attachment 116330

Yes it looks like we were taking photos around the same time, beautiful evening sky.

Depends. The cost of testing & replacing glass panes may or may not be worth the hastle and expense of a lawsuit to the Four Seasons and/or the residences' condo board. Also, a solution may be worked out behind the scenes.

However, if someone gets injured, believe me, they should (and probably will) sue.

You can be fairly certain there's already legal action underway. These things don't happen overnight and it's a process of ruling out different parties to determine who is liable.

It's definitely worth the hassle to the building owners. Project teams get sued for cracks in concrete. You can imagine that when the building envelope is having problems the stakes are a fair bit higher.

Four Seasons and the developer are basically just begging to be sued at this point. This is out of hand, and the fact that nothing has been done about this is just embarrassing and they are showing their negligence in the matter.

Wasn't the first occurrence of this involved someone breaking the glass from the inside? How do we know something similar didn't happen today? People should stop jumping to conclusions.

Back