Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

How long before rumours start that they forgot to factor in the weight of the slab, and so the Four Seasons is sinking into the earth? Any old Robarts rumourmongers want to volunteer to propagate it?

FYI ... second crane going up today!
When I left it was half way done.
It's located on the North West side of the lot.

I think we might see 1 more actually on the North East side.

Ahh, I was wondering where the trucks carrying crane segments on Yonge Street today where headed. It's good to see cranes still going up.

24 December 2008 photo update

Snowy pit before the rain hit...not a worker in site on xmas eve'morning.

DSC00063-1.jpg

went by the Four Seasons last night....the two cranes really frame the site, which is quite massive.....

January 10

Looking west towards Bay St.
3197330006_fdb85b7461_b.jpg

Looking northwest, they are removing the ramp.
3197330034_7db2ac1b50_b.jpg

A restaurant on Bay just south of the site is closing and they have a unique way of announcing it.
3197330042_5d9ccb9349_b.jpg

hahahahaha.

there is an overload of sushi in toronto, most def. most of them are crap though. good if you're stoned or just hungry but bad if you want to enjoy something fresh and tasty.

ADVERT: everyone go to KOKYO sushi, on alexander street at yonge (just north of college subway station).terrific sushi! amazing quality. check out the softshell crab.

anyway, four seasons: interesting. the design doesn't really turn me on, although it is certainly elegant. i want to see how the podium will interact with the street. the greatest thing about this project though is the park right next to the tower. the rose garden looks beautiful. i'm also so excited to see a 'second' skyline emerge in toronto. The Skyline of Yorkville: that sounds nice.

...soon to be followed by pages of, "Construction seems to be stalled at the podium. What ever could be the matter??"

Back