Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Thanks everyone for all the updates and pictures! I am excited to see this project top-off. I tried reading through the threads but could not find this info. Does anyone know what is going to happen to the old 4-Seasons down the street?

Thanks everyone for all the updates and pictures! I am excited to see this project top-off. I tried reading through the threads but could not find this info. Does anyone know what is going to happen to the old 4-Seasons down the street?

It will be demolished. We are hoping for an implosion!

It will be demolished. We are hoping for an implosion!
What about after that?
I heard that the zoning got approved for a massive increase in height, but I don't remember any details. A 60 storey condo probably?

Fun fact, my grandparents live in the Annex, and through a trick in the construction of their backyard patio, they can actually hear the conversations of people standing on the upper floor balconys of the Four Seasons.

From Yorkville Park today.

Attachments

• IMG_3254-1.jpg
    IMG_3254-1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 244
The Four Seasons this afternoon, from Yonge s. of St. Clair on another hazy day

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Cal, it's hard to tell from your pics, but what is the scaffold structure on the south face that they are building? It can't be a service elevator, there are no plywood doors to get on to each floor.

Nevermind... I just figured it out.

This is the service elevators for the residential section above. The service elevators on the west side only reach the top of the hotel and because of the setback for the upper tower, would be useless above that floor. They would need some bridging for each floor and that would be costly to construct.

Last edited:
And to think there is still 20 or more storeys to be taged on,,this is going to look tall in that area.

It certainly will...

Something like this I imagine:

5176020047_9695f7164d_b.jpg

(Original courtesy dt_toronto_geek found above)

Original and render below. Flick between NEXT and FIRST to compare.

Attachments

• 4Seaons North  001.jpg
    4Seaons North 001.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 4Seasons North 001 C peg.jpg
    4Seasons North 001 C peg.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 130

Back