Toronto Fortune at Fort York | 78.94m | 24s | Onni Group | Arcadis

Pic taken Mar 9, 2015

yieLY1f.jpg

Man. since when did illuminated mechanical penthouses become the only thing developments has going for them. Like for christ sakes, this whole Onni complex has been designed with so little of a damn being given to decent architecture and interesting forms its shameful. Right next to one of Toronto's most significant landmarks we have this kind of dreck going up and no one bats an eye because even if they did, they couldn't do much about it.

Onni should frankly be ashamed of their contribution (and i think contribution is overly generous of a word) to this city's built form. Garbage architecture from Garbage PoS all paid for by a shamefully indifferent developer.

Every time i see this crap go up all i can think is "Hey you know what could have been a silver lining? if the city had not been asleep at the switch for the past 15 years and got some bloody inclusionary zoning going. At least then there would be something to cheer!"

What a disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Garrison at the Yards is actually a nice looking building, though it's separated from the rest of the mediocre cluster south of the Gardiner.
Fortune is surrounded by other condos so luckily it won't be very noticeable and there is at least some brick at the lower floors.

It's definitely a very generic looking building and we have seen that same illuminated mechanical box on top of so many other condos. That's what you will get with boring developers hiring the Walmarts of architects.
This is the last building to go up in this area so hopefully there wont be any more crap after this.

Fortune is surrounded by other condos so luckily it won't be very noticeable and there is at least some brick at the lower floors.

How low our standards have fallen here. "At least there's some brick!" Why do we even bother making excuses for this crap?

This is the last building to go up in this area so hopefully there wont be any more crap after this.

Wishful thinking. There are plenty of nearby places getting equally bland crap, i.e. CityPlace's latest phases.

Looks like a Toronto version of a Vancouver tower that doesn't have to engineer itself around a view cone. It's a forgettable design but, nothing to get worked up about.

A lot of discussion at the community meeting about the height of this project and how the developer didn't even do a thorough traffic analysis of the area before putting forth this ridiculous proposal (Seriously, 511 parking spaces?...).

Back