Toronto Fortune at Fort York | 78.94m | 24s | Onni Group | Arcadis

Tuesday, April 18: Construction is now underway on the Fortune at Fort York building. The surface of the lot has been scraped - excavated to a shallow depth, and back-filled with an aggregate to provide a solid platform for shoring operations, and as of the Easter weekend, one shoring machine was on site. I hope to pass by again later today and get some photos.

Tuesday, April 18 at 5 PM - Shoring machine at the Fortune at Fort York site still working away.

IMG_20170418_170310.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_170310.jpg
    IMG_20170418_170310.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 727
I don't know this area that well but have noticed on this forum a lot of the condos being put up around that location by this onni developer have little to no retail and a lot of townhomes at ground level. Is there a reason the city never demanded more ground level retail because for the amount of units in this area it seems to be lacking retail.

The pace of activity at Fortune is picking up. On site - two Shoring Machines, One Excavator, One Front Loader, and a soon to be gone Marketing Pavilion:

IMG_20170518_165224.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_165224.jpg
    IMG_20170518_165224.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 665
The parking lot? One of those lots is parking for Fort York and is currently being redone along with other changes at the Fort and now with Bentway development. (SE side).

Other than this does Onni own anything else down there for future development?

Not there, or anywhere else nearby apparently. On being asked about potential future developments by Onni, a Presentation Centre sales representative said that other than Fortune, and Onni's Etobicoke Westlake projects, Onni does not currently have any other land positions for development in the GTA. I had thought that Onni might be active in the Mississauga City Centre area, but of the De Cotiis family threesome, it turns out that only Pinnacle and Amacon are active there.

Last edited:
July 9, 2017 - The Fortune marketing pavilion has closed and been fenced off. The interior is now being gutted prior to demolition of the building itself. The Fortune sales activities have moved to a townhouse unit across the road.

Fortune 2017-07-09.jpg

Attachments

• Fortune 2017-07-09.jpg
    Fortune 2017-07-09.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 639

Back