Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

i get the feeling that this will be sold to another developer and be re-designed, i just think that Mirvish has no funds and financing to go ahead with the original plan.....just saying

Mirvish is 77 and Gehry is 88 - I wonder if potential financiers are concerned that either or both of these gentlemen may not be around to see this finished. It has to be a worry. I have to agree with you, I think this will be sold.

The way many buildings are selling in this market 80% in a matter of months may not be a problem.

Perhaps...but this is a fairly large project. We still have no idea when sales will start. Even if they start in June, you're looking at a September/October construction date?

Doesn't seem likely at this point.

Mirvish is 77 and Gehry is 88 - I wonder if potential financiers are concerned that either or both of these gentlemen may not be around to see this finished. It has to be a worry. I have to agree with you, I think this will be sold.

Does that really matter though? Once construction starts the project will be handled by their respective firms.

^The Mirvish family seems to have good genes...with good health he probably has another 15-20 years left.

The way many buildings are selling in this market 80% in a matter of months may not be a problem.

Specially when project are extraordinary like this one. So it will be sold in a matter of days.
Just think about the M city phase 1 and 2 was sold quickly.
One day, Mirvish will surprise us and annonce the good news of the beginning of sales.
I am very impatient about this one and i know it will be done.

Dare I say it, but the closer to the end Frank Gehry is, I'd say the better this project will sell. Fingers crossed by the time TIFF rolls around this year sales might start. I seem to keep thinking it would be a logical launch time.

Dare I say it, but the closer to the end Frank Gehry is, I'd say the better this project will sell. Fingers crossed by the time TIFF rolls around this year sales might start. I seem to keep thinking it would be a logical launch time.

I hate to say it, but it might work for their marketing (Forget Gaudi - Gehry's unfinished work in his hometown...)

AoD

June 28, 2017

Would love to get a shot of M+G towers from this viewpoint.

20170628_114022.jpg

Back