Toronto Form Condos | 50.59m | 14s | Tridel | a—A

I just gotta say the redesign is way better than the original! This is very nice... and a departure for aA. Impressed!

I'd completely forgotten that this is (apparently) approved. I'm very bullish on this stretch - think it could be a very nice few blocks with everything that's come and is coming.

It'd be great if the city would get its act together to masterplan the area with a more tourist-, pedestrian-, and cyclist-friendly public realm experience to complement the cultural offerings and spate of redevelopment.

Busy neighbourhood. Destruction of the Brinks building is about halfway through. Across the street at 35 McCaul work is underway.

Mmkay, would this help?

Northeast corner:
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1718.jpg

The middle of the site:
IMG_1721.jpg

South end of the site:
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg

This is a big site.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 497
While the above photos make it obvious that work has commenced here, this update from Tridel says that excavation should start as early as June: http://www.tridel.com/blog/demolition-has-begun-for-the-form-community/

April 2017 Construction Update

Demolition has begun for the FORM community. With permits being reviewed by the City, the Project Management team anticipates the start of shoring this month, with the scheduled start of excavation in June.

I love this neighborhood. I noticed that the database renders don't have a clear view of the north side of this development. Is there a smaller building at the north side, like what appears in the earlier renders, or does the taller building stretch the full lot? With the POPS on the south side, will there be anything along the north side in terms of sitting space/green space, as that has always felt like more of a gateway to Grange park then the street to the south?

I love this neighborhood. I noticed that the database renders don't have a clear view of the north side of this development. Is there a smaller building at the north side, like what appears in the earlier renders, or does the taller building stretch the full lot?

The condo only takes up the southern/middle portion of the block with the northernmost part remaining as space for a new art gallery.

Back