Toronto Form Condos | 50.59m | 14s | Tridel | a—A

One of these things is not like the other...

7414-65690.jpeg

We can only hope that an increasing number of projects will be forced to use curtain wall.

That said, I think the evenly spaced vertical spandrels are at least tidy and regularly organized and the vertical precast motif will provide the main visual punch for the building. If the entire facade was just that window wall I’d be more concerned. In any case, we’ve seen far worse window walls than this... in fact for Tridel this is a step up.

Echoing the disappointment here. The impression the renderings gave, were of a light coloured material, something like white/grey metal panels, not precast concrete panels, with metal fins and spandrel. Maybe this was the intent and it was value engineered out? Regardless, it had the makings of a decent enough neighbor for OCAD, and maybe it will still work out..but the combination and execution of materials here is not great.

Echoing the disappointment here. The impression the renderings gave, were of a light coloured material, something like white/grey metal panels, not precast concrete panels, with metal fins and spandrel. Maybe this was the intent and it was value engineered out? Regardless, it had the makings of a decent enough neighbor for OCAD, and maybe it will still work out..but the combination and execution of materials here is not great.

Yeah, personally I wouldn't have any issue with it if they had just made the fins out of the same white precast as used on other areas. Instead, the terrible grey metal fins just blend in way too much to the windows, mullions, and spandrel. Darker glass, mullions, and spandrel would've helped too but they couldn't even figure out white fins.

EDIT: I did a quick Photoshop of what darker glass would look like using one of @AlbertC's pictures:

Last edited:

Back