Toronto Form Condos | 50.59m | 14s | Tridel | a—A

from a couple days ago

mccaul1.jpg

Attachments

• mccaul1.jpg
    mccaul1.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 695
I had no idea this development included an art gallery for Baron Thomson’s collection.

It is said to be one of the best private collections currently out there as he happens to be a prolific collector. Among Constables you’ll find dozens of Picassos, Rembrandts, Canalettos and Rothkos.

This is certainly a big deal for Toronto’s scene because the AGO really lacked in some departments. Those in particular.

I had no idea this development included an art gallery for Baron Thomson’s collection.

It is said to be one of the best private collections currently out there as he happens to be a prolific collector. Among Constables you’ll find dozens of Picassos, Rembrandts, Canalettos and Rothkos.

This is certainly a big deal for Toronto’s scene because the AGO really lacked in some departments. Those in particular.

It's right by this project - but I am not sure if will be built as a part of this particular development. The quality of the collection has been remarked upon before. Image from Ed pages ago:

screen-shot-2015-07-20-at-monday-jul-20-2015-1-18-22-pm-png.50922

It would be the squat box to the right set in a moat.

AoD

For whatever reason, construction of the gallery hasn't been announced yet. Not sure what's keeping Thomson from going ahead. I have heard that he may face some trouble moving the Constables out of Britain as they are considered national treasures.

For whatever reason, construction of the gallery hasn't been announced yet. Not sure what's keeping Thomson from going ahead. I have heard that he may face some trouble moving the Constables out of Britain as they are considered national treasures.

Paging Nicholas Cage right away...

national-treasure_0.jpg

I really hope the gallery still goes ahead, and soon. It's the perfect place for a gallery and it makes the project so much more than just a condominium for McCaul Street. Does anyone know the chances of an announcement regarding the gallery in the near future? :(

I really hope the gallery still goes ahead, and soon. It's the perfect place for a gallery and it makes the project so much more than just a condominium for McCaul Street. Does anyone know the chances of an announcement regarding the gallery in the near future? :(
Thomson has been very tight-lipped about the when the gallery might go ahead. As it's not starting at the same time as the condo, I would be surprised if it were to happen partway through the build. Had they plans to do it soon (there would have been savings to be found from doing it all at once), they would have likely have already gone ahead.

Would the gallery require as deep an excavation. Would you want the condo plan to extend under your building?

This is more wishful thinking but right now the gallery site is great staging area. That can be easily moved over once the condo reaches grade allowing the gallery to proceed.

Back