Toronto Flo Condominiums | 34.14m | 11s | Devron Developments | Kirkor Architects

I have absolutely no idea how people would be dumb enough to purchase a unit in this condo. How were they able to get permission to build in an area so crowded, so close to yonge, in an area so heavily populated and so close to a residential property? Any one who is even considering this condo should back away now or you will regret it. I live on harrison garden blvd and i'm already regretting it and its further away from yonge, away from all the traffic. Traffic is horrific as it is and neither the menkes building nor aristo nor the townhomes are occupied yet! Imagine what it will be like? Imagine what going to work would be like while construction takes up the right lane of avondale? I have no idea how the city would permit this, knowing that thousands of people only have one way onto yonge at a set of lights! It takes 20 minutes each morning to exit!!! It is absolutely insane that the city would permit such a ludacris idea to erect. Does no one understand that enough is enough with these condos. There are too many of them and they are built like crap! My condo is already falling apart and i haven't even been in there for a year! There is a committee hearing for zoning adjustments on june 30th...definitely attending that one and speaking my mind, on behalf of myself, my street, my subdivision and the poor neighbour next door who is one foot away from their property line who i'm sure will be there.

lol, well said. I live at the Cosmo just north of this development. It's sad to see that small residential strip being allowed to be turned into a condo. It's a terrible spot to put a condo with all the congestion already there, which will only be 10x worse once Hullmark is completed. The development will stick out like a sore thumb overshadowing the neighbouring houses. It's just a terrible place to build a condo.

Here's a view of the development from my condo. They've started tearing up the land this past week.

20130920_zpsbbfd51fc.jpg

This is a short walk away from two subway lines. I hardly think an 11 storey building is too much. Actually it seems like a great spot to build a condo or any dense residential. I'm sure there were people who thought your condo (if that's what it is) was too much when it was being built too.

If you don't want to be stuck in traffic leave the car at home, there's lots of other transit options in this area.

Agreed. Don't want the traffic? Don't drive. Can't take transit to your job? Move somewhere where you can or where there is less traffic. This area is designed for people working downtown or actually in NYCC, who can take the subway to work. Honestly, you moved into an area surrounded by 30 floor condos and you are complaining about traffic? Of course there is traffic. The whole point of living in this sort of area is not having to drive however, so maybe you should do just that, not drive.

April 06
Within the next 20-30 years, a large number of block of single home will be gone on both side of Young and replace by mid-tall rise towers. It the only place you can put these towers and have people use transit in place of driving. Down side to this, the current Yonge line will never handle the increase of ridership from Steeles to Sheppard to the point a 2nd Yonge line will have to be built.
13730881624_0ed7b3933f_b.jpg

13730886944_18edbd074a_b.jpg

13730524033_15f378468c_b.jpg

13730491065_42bf6a20d5_b.jpg

Agreed. Don't want the traffic? Don't drive. Can't take transit to your job? Move somewhere where you can or where there is less traffic. This area is designed for people working downtown or actually in NYCC, who can take the subway to work. Honestly, you moved into an area surrounded by 30 floor condos and you are complaining about traffic? Of course there is traffic. The whole point of living in this sort of area is not having to drive however, so maybe you should do just that, not drive.

Traffic wouldn't be such a problem if transit was improved. But seems like that will finally be addressed. This looks like a cute building. I don't think traffic will be the biggest problem. I'd be more concerned with the "team" that's involved with this building. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mod,... title is wrong.

It's NOT on Florence - Florence is on WEST side of Yonge - Avondale is on east side of Yonge.

Thread title "Flo Condos (9 Bales Av @ Florence near Yonge & Sheppard, Devron Dev's, 11s, Kirkor)" should be "Flo Condos (9 Bales Av @ Avondale near Yonge & Sheppard, Devron Dev's, 11s, Kirkor)"

How could this go on for 2 years without any correction?

News on the website still hasn't been updated since Oct 2012, and the sign still proclaims "88% Sold!". Is this a lame duck or what? They started excavation but I have yet to see any crews actually working on the site (not that I'm by frequently, but I do notice several other crews while on my various strolls).

I wonder if it is still only "88% sold" (as of at last Fall 2013), or if there will be a new sign proclaiming "92% sold", or whatever the number is. Sorry to be so cynical and sarcastic, but I get a big kick out of such blatant bullshit marketing.

I wonder if it is still only "88% sold" (as of at last Fall 2013), or if there will be a new sign proclaiming "92% sold", or whatever the number is. Sorry to be so cynical and sarcastic, but I get a big kick out of such blatant bullshit marketing.

Indeed. Still "88% Sold!" What a joke...guess all the superstitious buyers will now come running. :rolleyes:

SbiP4U1.jpg

cWnpm3Z.jpg

Back