Toronto Fleur Condos | 85.34m | 29s | Menkes | a—A

Here's the sign.

I have to say that I think this is way too tall for this location. This isn't a major intersection. 30 max, and even that feels too tall. Plus, uggo design. Clewesterfudge is right.

2015-11-24 14.33.50.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-11-24 14.33.50.jpg
    2015-11-24 14.33.50.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,219
From the drawings it looks like a demo and façade for the NOW building. I don't like that they break the building height that is on the rest of the block (and to the south) on the 4th floor for the podium.

Right? Do we want a slightly shorter entertainment district# 2?

I hope it all ends up varied in height. More visually interesting.

Its worth noting that this is not an intersection that has been anticipated as being a tower or tall site by City Planning. Its one thing to say that maybe 40 is ok where 20-35 has been anticipated (arguable), but that isn't the case here.

2015-11-24 15.47.59.png

Attachments

• 2015-11-24 15.47.59.png
    2015-11-24 15.47.59.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,180
Last edited by a moderator:
Its worth noting that this is not an intersection that has been anticipated as being a tower or tall site by City Planning. Its one thing to say that maybe 40 is ok where 20-35 has been anticipated (arguable), but that isn't the case here.

View attachment 60411
What do the colours represent?

Given the location I don't think 40 storeys is too much to ask for. Why do you think it's too tall (planning documents aside)?... It's steps to two streetcar lines and even subway stations! It's a very walkable area as well.

Don't understand people's dislike of height in the east end north of queen, this is fine at 42.

42 is completely fine between Yonge and Parliament unless there is particular concern nearby (park or school). If anything, we should add more highrises on the east side. It is not lik Church/Shuter has some sort of neighhourhood that needs to be protected. It is utterly lack of identity.

42 is completely fine between Yonge and Parliament unless there is particular concern nearby (park or school). If anything, we should add more highrises on the east side. It is not lik Church/Shuter has some sort of neighhourhood that needs to be protected. It is utterly lack of identity.
Oh, come on now. Comments like that are laughable. Another fatuous, sweeping declaration from a would-be emperor.

I too don't really see what the problem of 42 storeys here would be. This is basically in the heart of downtown, about a five minute walk from the Yonge subway and Eaton Centre. If not here, then where?

I too don't really see what the problem of 42 storeys here would be. This is basically in the heart of downtown, about a five minute walk from the Yonge subway and Eaton Centre. If not here, then where?

Indeed. This is a stone's throw from the core. This entire area could stand to be much denser than it is.

I don't know. The established heights were basically thrown out the window when 70 Shuter was approved. The design has me more concerned than the height.

Back