Toronto Fleur Condos | 85.34m | 29s | Menkes | a—A

Shadowing on St. Michael's would only be early-day from the east, and on the Cathedral it would more likely come from Jazz than from Fleur I think.

With regards to no crane, how do they raise fly forms from one level to the next without one?

Today. There's some activity despite the lack of crane.

IMG_0306.jpg

The white columns along the podium are curious. It's like the conversation went something like this:

"So Mr. Clewes, do you want take inspiration from the TD Centre for this project or from First Canadian Place?"
"Yes."

On the page proceeding. Scroll down the the pics from the top...and there is square based one prominently shown holding up an angled corner under the building above the podium. Hope this helps.

See this post. I was kidding, but that's what the combination of the stark white podium and the tower with black Miesian cladding made me think of.
The columns aren't so much white as they are limestone, best seen in this image by @skycandy from the previous page:

fleur5-jpg.242934

…so not exactly First Canadian Place, but definitely mid-century Canadian bank.

I love that limestone, it looks so soft, and balances well with the black cladding. Those two materials don't need to be complete opposites, if that makes sense?

Back