Toronto Flaire | 40.23m | 11s | Cadillac Fairview | Giannone Petricone

It is silly to judge it based on the parking on Don Mills, this can easily be redeveloped one day along with the Metro, it isn't part of the project.

I'd been wondering what was happening in regards to Flaire. I am happy to report that this is:

P1420793.jpg

P1420792.jpg

Attachments

• P1420792.jpg
    P1420792.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,700
  • P1420793.jpg
    P1420793.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1,741
Was in the area a couple of weeks ago and it appears that it has reached ground level.

I drove by here last night and it appears that the south tower is 2 or 3 s above ground. I also noticed a construction claw on the site of the former post office building. Does anyone know what this is for? From my understanding, a condo is to be built here, but I have yet to see a detailed plan for this location.

It's unfortunate that this won't have curtain wall glazing and curved glass where the building undulates. The buildings are nicely designed, but the grey mullions and window wall will prevent this project from living up to its name.

The Shops at Don Mills will be quite interesting with residential among the retail. They did a great job putting the retail on on a grid of streets with a city square-style public space in the centre. It feels like it could be an urban neighbourhood if there was residential or office space above the retail.

Any idea when the other condos will be built, east of Liv Lofts and at the old post office site? I wish we knew what happened with the Bjarke Ingels project. What would lead to that project being cancelled?

Back