Toronto Flaire | 40.23m | 11s | Cadillac Fairview | Giannone Petricone

The retail is useless if you're a man, or have little money. It's all geared towards wealthy females. The food options could also be better. Joey is horrible (fine if you like floozy waitresses that can't answer basic questions about the menu and you like flavourless steak). The VIP cinema is great, though.

The retail is useful to a wide variety of people with a Metro, LCBO, clothing and shoe stores, banks, medical and dental offices and restaurants.
The Metro was there long before the new stores went in. I was thinking more of the new retail, which is all pretty expensive. Go on the I Grew Up in Don Mills Facebook page and these sentiments will be echoed.

I personally don't really care about the retail, as I'm not one that does much shopping, but if I were, I wouldn't be pleased with the offerings available. Everything is so trendy and few stores cater to men.

Last edited:
Maybe they will open a bass pro shop :p

In all honesty I have no idea what retail is here nor do I think I'll be headed this way anytime soon to find out so my opinion is not very valid on this.

Frank and oak!? That's actually pretty awesome. Teavana, chipotle, lcbo. Anthropologie is women's wear but like urban outfitters they have random stuff knock knacks trendy housewares etc. They get some pretty cool designer exclusives. (Limited edition imm living stuff etc)

These retail shops are all owned by the same landlord, no? Assuming so, I'm less optimistic that the area will mature organically into something approximating a slice of downtown. If the parcels were divided and individually sold, its not imagine the architecture and retail options becoming more diversified over time as tenants move in and out and the units are renovated or rebuilt at different times and in different styles. With Cadillac Fairview at the helm of the whole thing, though, my guess it will retain the feel of an outdoor mall.
Perhaps a subway would change that.

Maybe not right at the mall, but in the surrounding areas.

Frank and oak!? That's actually pretty awesome. Teavana, chipotle, lcbo. Anthropologie is women's wear but like urban outfitters they have random stuff knock knacks trendy housewares etc. They get some pretty cool designer exclusives. (Limited edition imm living stuff etc)

Exactly. There's something for everyone with disposable income.

Pictures from Feb. 20:
IMG_9167s.jpg
IMG_9171s.jpg
IMG_9172s.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9167s.jpg
    IMG_9167s.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_9171s.jpg
    IMG_9171s.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_9172s.jpg
    IMG_9172s.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 927
It's too bad the curves don't come down to the lowers floors (on the corners). The sudden straight lines detract from the fluidity of the design.

On a different note, these are really making a big impact from Don Mills and from Lawrence. I can only imagine what the HP proposals will do for this node.

From April 24:
IMG_9264.JPG
IMG_9265.JPG
IMG_9266.JPG
IMG_9267.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9264.JPG
    IMG_9264.JPG
    846.7 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_9265.JPG
    IMG_9265.JPG
    624.2 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_9266.JPG
    IMG_9266.JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_9267.JPG
    IMG_9267.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 779
I like the scale and style of these. Would I want to live around this area though? nobody here who lives near this area? It seems rather suburban. I'm so used to living in central TO I wonder how difficult it would be to adjust to an area like this?

I could adjust to living here but, not in one of these new condos.

Back