Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

Great set of photos drum. I'm very impressed by how this project turned out, from Yonge street, this undeniably a very large building, but the seamless curtain wall almost makes it disappear. It doesnt take away from the heritage structures below with a busy, spandrel filled window wall, aside from the balcony glazing pattern, which is a very subtle effect. The stark contrast between the buildings darker cladding and the brown/muted colors of the buildings below is great. This building would have looked just as nice even without the wavy balconies.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 101197 BLD 02 NB Accepted Date: Mar 24, 2015

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Revision to enlarge mezzanine and add stair on the ground floor level of commercial/retail space.

It's funny; I actually didn't like the tower on this project for the longest time, but seeing the motif from the balconies applied to the top of the tower is really tying it all together for me.

Back when I saw drawings and the model of the project, I felt like it had a lot of personality. Then after the curtainwall went up I felt like the tower looked very sterile and almost corporate, but suddenly the final details are pulling it all together and have given it its personality back. And of course, the podium/heritage buildings are what make the project.

Last edited:
Five in fog.jpg

Attachments

• Five in fog.jpg
    Five in fog.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 1,072
Awesome shot, I guess there's a reason Batman vs Superman is being filmed here.

*Suicide Squad actually (BvS filmed in Detroit I believe) but yeah, similar movie universe though. But it does look like Suicide Squad will feature Toronto as Gotham, fingers crossed!

Great pic, looks to be taken from Encore @ the Met? The low lying clouds really give the shot a lot of density, filling in the gaps between the clusters of high rises. Gotham indeed.

*Suicide Squad actually (BvS filmed in Detroit I believe) but yeah, similar movie universe though. But it does look like Suicide Squad will feature Toronto as Gotham, fingers crossed!

Great pic, looks to be taken from Encore @ the Met? The low lying clouds really give the shot a lot of density, filling in the gaps between the clusters of high rises. Gotham indeed.

Ah, I had thought BvS was being filmed in both Detroit and Toronto. Maybe that was just a rumour.

Thanks guys! Yep - shot from Encore.

Back