Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Well in all fairness, this is King and Bay not Yonge and Dundas.

Exactly. This is not meant to be in-your-face giant advertising screens like Times Square.

I saw the screens on today, and the images look much brighter than the original screens, although maybe it's just my hazy memory playing tricks on me.

May 14th: Looks like the rooftop perimeter will be lit. Lighting is already up and active on a portion of the north side.

7200479264_61ee22294a_b.jpg

#$%kin unbelievable! This extra lighting is an unexpected treat. The FCP reclad might be the best thing done during this construction boom. Future generations will only have our crappy 21st century photos to gauge the difference between the carerra marble and the fritted glass. I have spent the last few days working on a new Toronto timelapse video and FCP is in more shots than the CN Tower so far. The tower is simply stunning....but I would trade it all to have the old Toronto Star block back.

The only remaining thing to do is get rid of those antennae!!!! At least replace them with something elegant. I can't stand the cheep look of those things on our tallest building.

The only remaining thing to do is get rid of those antennae!!!! At least replace them with something elegant. I can't stand the cheep look of those things on our tallest building.

I was going to say the exact same thing. The antennae are bothering me more and more.

Last edited:
Ii thought they were thinking of that when the talks of the buildings make over came up in the beginning to look similar to the of one world trade centre. One spire on a platform. But I could be wrong.

What would be really cool is if the black spandrel in the recesses at the corners were backlit with colour changing LEDs.
I was thinking it would be cool if all the white fritted glass was backlit with white LEDs. Not too bright, but just a soft glow. On the other hand, it's easy to go over the top with that kind of thing. In the interest of good taste it's probably best to keep these kind of enhancements very minimal.

Ii thought they were thinking of that when the talks of the buildings make over came up in the beginning to look similar to the of one world trade centre. One spire on a platform. But I could be wrong.

I believe that is only most fanatics wants and desires (personally, i don't mind the way it looks now) as I can't see Rogers, Telus and probably Bell too joining together to erect a shared platform.

Back