Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

not to take this thread any further off course than it already has, but I believe you're missing what the liberals didn't give us over the last 12 years, and it is exactly what will bring them back as soon as they sort out their leadership race - social conservatism. some things you just can't throw money at.

can't wait to see this building go up.

^'kindling' ...is this guy for real?

Actually. "fags" in 1960's English parlance were cigarettes. Word meanings and terminology do change over time.

Does anyone know how much of the funding must be in place before the TIFF portion of this development gets under way? Will both the condo and the centre go up at the same time?

Reply to Mystery Man TO

Suggest you refer to a dictionary for the original meaning of the word.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the tower look like this? It kind of looks like an unraveled section of film. But who am I kidding, this is Toronto.

T1projet-grand.jpg

^

Are you kidding? It has a Stinson-esque sphere. Personally, I didn't find Sapphire to be that offensive, but a lot of people on this forum surely did. Its for that reason that a design like that wouldn't fly.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the tower look like this? It kind of looks like an unraveled section of film. But who am I kidding, this is Toronto.

That is a nice idea, Stinsonesque or not. Not everything has to be derived from a rectangle.

Yeah, it's time for something with some curves... something un-Toronto. I'm getting tired of seeing right angles and rectangles everywhere!

Are you kidding? It has a Stinson-esque sphere. Personally, I didn't find Sapphire to be that offensive, but a lot of people on this forum surely did. Its for that reason that a design like that wouldn't fly.

Not at all, that building has more style and individualism, not to mention an iconic look that something such as the TIFF should be going for. The current design while nice, since we first saw it has been replicated time and time again. Nothing about it stands out. Its building designs like The Humming Bird, Trump, or even 1 Bloor East that gives me hope. All we are getting now is the same old same old. All we can do in Toronto right now is walk around and say “Hey, that’s another fine example of 1970’s minimalism, or look at that example of late 90’s early millennium green glass Vancouverismâ€. Wouldn’t it be nice to point at a building that one can say “Look at that, it was designed to represent something even though it went against the grain of what was considered the norm by Torontonian standards at the time?†I say bring on the outlandish and stylish.

V of E:

And thats perfectly OK by me. Just as long as you are even handed in viewing all postings and rendering editorial decisions that are not clouded by your own particular viewpoint.

What you've said in that post, regardless of whether it is a response to off topic conversations or otherwise, is way over the top in its callousness, and helped to reveal more about you as a person more than anything else.

And for the record, your judgement in my ability to mod is neither necessary nor solicited.

AoD

Whistler:

That tower looked like a Jean Nouvel Tour Sans Fin ripoff.

AoD

To billy corgan 19982.

This will be my last post on UTF. I believe that when a Moderator says "Go **** Yourself" to a forum member, removes reasonable and cogent responses in defense of slanderous statements by said same Moderator, it is time to say goodbye. It is with some regret that I leave this forum but I will not tolerate the intolerant.

Brave stance V of E, brave stance. My God, you're a real Rosa Parks aren't you? Bye.

For the record, I wasn't the one removing the blunt comment on my part - rightly or wrongly, I stand by what I've said.

Quite frankly, my only regret was not able to tell the said member to fornicate with himself it in person, and then give him an extended experience of my "limp wrist".

And such surpreme irony that is his statement of not able to tolerate the intolerant.

AoD

Back