Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

That picture really suggests that the glass was manufactured without room for expansion, that it expanded in the hot weather, and cracked.

I also love the look of the tower right now. It actually looks much better with the green netting. It now stands out from the sea of boring glass around it.

How about some contrast--red fritted glass against the sea of green? 8 Sept 2011:

023ux.jpg

I've been hunting for the final report that relates to this development. Does anyone have the link? I can't seem to find it! grrr

Last edited:
The places making balcony glass are backed up, busy with orders for buildings who all suddenly must have laminated glass, and fitting in orders for this building and Murano and others is not something that can be turned around in a flash… but yes, Daniels will be replacing all of the glass here shortly.

I'll bet once we get some nicer weather they'll start. Considering they'll have to go through people's units they don't want to let in a cold draft and arguably increase their hydro whilst also working in their home.

Work has started on the balcony glass. Two rows of fitted glass were showing on the east side this morning. Not sure if that is replaced glass, or just the coverings removed.

Last edited:

Back