Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Lightbox has me in its thrall. Along with several other classics, I've bought tickets to see The Passion of Joan of Arc with the Toronto Consort performing live, as well as a screening of the restored and most complete version of Metropolis which apparently has two chamber orchestras performing on stage.

Lightbox has me in its thrall. Along with several other classics, I've bought tickets to see The Passion of Joan of Arc with the Toronto Consort performing live, as well as a screening of the restored and most complete version of Metropolis which apparently has two chamber orchestras performing on stage.

My friend saw the north american premiere of Metropolis at the Turner Classics Film Festival in LA last spring and he raved about it, I grabbed a pair of tickets for that too. I missed Videodrome with David Cronenberg tonight (lost track of The Essential 100 dates, dammit), also snapped up tix for Blue Velvet (one of my all time favs.), Salo (John Waters will be there to discuss which should be a scream) & Taxi Driver. Also must take in "2001 A Space Odyssey" once tix go on sale as they're bringing in a newly struck 70MM print and possibly Breaking the Waves, one of the most soul-shattering films I've ever seen. So many great films on the Essential 100 program, so little time...

by me

sany0098.jpg

Guess the Film Festival is over. :(

Back