Vaughan Festival Condominiums | ?m | 59s | Menkes | Arcadis

Vaughan was the "City above Toronto" until both Markham and Richmond Hill incorporated themselves as cities, which meant that Vaughan was no longer the only city in York Region. To be fair, unlike Markham nor Richmond Hill, Vaughan has two-and-a-half subway stations.

Vaughan stopped using that term back in 2010, well before Markham and Richmond Hill became "cities"

Wondering if the fenced off area between Commerce and Commerce (who named the streets up here?) fits into this thread.

IMG_7176.JPG
IMG_7181.JPG
IMG_7180.JPG
IMG_7179.JPG
IMG_7178.JPG
IMG_7177.JPG

A new render of the project. I think these majestic towers should be Toronto's waterfront. It wo have been so incredible and futuristic for Toronto's image.View attachment 274862

Attachments

• festival-condos-1-845x1024.jpg
    festival-condos-1-845x1024.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 311
I don't know. I just don't love the trendy designs I guess, but this does nothing for me. Maybe in the built version, if it goes this way, it will be more appealing.

It looks like all of the former AMC complex including all the ancillary restaurants will be demolished for new development?

Looking at the photos up above. This should have been Vaughan's downtown core area. Being located between two highways and two major arterial roads. Creating a miniature central park style settings in the middle. With condo and office towers flanking around it. Buffering the park from traffic noise etc.

Back