Vaughan Expo City: Expo 1,2, & Nord | ?m | 38s | Cortel Group | AJT Architects

Wait - pconnex sees 6 towers while taal sees 4? Are a couple of towers blinking on and off? I see 5, 5 majestic Kirkor masterworks, soon to be added to the culture and mercantile hustle and bustle of 7 and the 400.

One such tower poised effortlessly but with such prowess, standing sentry over the burgeoning metropolis of Vaughn was not enough. No, 6 identical towers are what makes this piece a masterpiece, maybe even a 'gesamtwerk' . Let us bask in your glory Kirkor, for we are not worthy as architects to live up to thine name.

p5

re: gesamtwerk

Ha ha ha! I think they said the same thing of the monastic complex at Vierzehnheiligen. Balthasar Neumann being, as architectural historians say, the Kirkor of 18th century Germany.

Kirkor seems more Neuman than Neumann
236205-57083-alfred-e-neuman_small.jpg

Depending on how many piazzas end up getting built around these towers, I see a bit of Reston Town Center in this plan, just smaller and glassier. If big box stores will need to be torn down to make way for the rest of Vaughan Corporate Centre, the stores could return as an outdoor lifestyle centre. I hope some Vaughan officials/planners have visited a few Washington sites like Reston to learn a thing or two about what works and what doesn't.

Finally we'll get our Campidoglio.

Remember when the Rose Corp proposed that huge development for the northwest corner of Finch and Weston Road? It was to have a piazza featuring the world's most obnoxious flagpole or similar, and strangely, it never materialized. The wait may finally be eased.

Wait - pconnex sees 6 towers while taal sees 4? Are a couple of towers blinking on and off? I see 5, 5 majestic Kirkor masterworks, soon to be added to the culture and mercantile hustle and bustle of 7 and the 400.

7citycentre.jpg

You see five, I see nine! (might be 10)

Last edited:
Wait - p(5)connex sees 6 towers while taal sees 4? Are a couple of towers blinking on and off? I see 5, 5 majestic Kirkor masterworks, soon to be added to the culture and mercantile hustle and bustle of 7 and the 400.

And you guessed correctly, 5 it is! We are going to blessed with not one, not two, but five magnificent architectural piece du resistance(s) (spelling je sais). Nonetheless, I cannot wait for these graceful symbols of freedom to grace the boxline of Vaughn.

p5

And who exactly is "we"? I, for one, haven't stepped foot into Vaughan in a number of years and honestly, couldn't give to shits. It's a mighty step forward for the 'burb nevertheless.

Looks like the centre of the universe will be shifting somewhat to the north.

Many of us have complained that the VCC extension of the Spadina subway line is a total waste, but if it means that all of this density comes to VCC, well, great! Not that I'm in favour of the crapy architecture that's threatening to sprout here, but owing to Vaughan's out-of-sight-out-of-mind absence in my day-to-day cares, I say grow it big!

Agreed!

In the end this accomplished something that deserves some credit. If people will buy into it (which I'm sure they will when market conditions are right) we'll see a lot of increased density around VCC and the vicinity. That in the end is what were asking for.

In the end you KNOW the majority of people will drive so who cares what it looks like / how it's lade out. It still accomplished the goal of getting people out of massive subdivisions (kinda) maybe I should say *new* people.

I have so many *yonge* friends (indirect) that live around VCC and go to YorkU or work. For the most part, they'll all accustomed to taking transit if their end goal is downtown but other then that it's the car all the way! Even for people where Viva is perfect for them, they admit it as well! a quote of sorts "Oh I know I can take Viva to Yorku / my job, it's pretty fast too, but I just like the freedom of my car"

But considering how congested some of the streets are around VCC I think we should consider some lane widinings :)

Hey guys...

Has anyone heard anything more about these condos???
I really want to buy in this area but haven't heard/seen anything about these yet

Back