Vaughan CG Tower | 188.97m | 60s | Cortel Group | BDP Quadrangle

SPA entry in PlanIt. Docs not up yet but the description is as follows:
"Expo 5 will be a 60-storey mixed-use development of contemporary architectural design. The building will include a 3-storey podium element, with a 57-storey tower above. The building will have a total gross floor area of 55,133 square meters, of which 52,663 square meters will be residential space. The ground floor of the building will include 1,046 square meters of street-related retail space, accessed from Highway 7 and Maplecrete Road."

Cortel tweeted this:

IMG_1364.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 857
Oak Brook is part of Chicago's sprawling suburbs, the way that Vaughan is of Toronto, but Oak Brook is more like Woodbridge if it remained unmerged from Vaughan. Oak Brook may be small, but DuPage County has about 1,000,000 people in it, so it's not like there's a 418 foot skyscraper alone in the middle of the prairie.

Oak Brook is part of Chicago's sprawling suburbs, the way that Vaughan is of Toronto, but Oak Brook is more like Woodbridge if it remained unmerged from Vaughan. Oak Brook may be small, but DuPage County has about 1,000,000 people in it, so it's not like there's a 418 foot skyscraper alone in the middle of the prairie.

Thanks for the interesting insight.
So I guess DuPage County could be compared to York Region.

I wonder where the most remote skyscraper is in North America; i.e. in a place that is not part of a suburban/metro type of situation. I was intrigued about the one mentioned above but it's located in a very suburban environment that surrounds it entirely.

Back