Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I wish the top of one cube is not blended into the bottom of another. I presume this is due to engineering requirements.

I think it was more of a design choice or a preferred/larger/more usable floorplate to developer. To me, design works more or less to the same desired effect.

One thing that I have always found interesting is the entire section of 'fake' balconies on the western face of at least one of the cubes. I respect that the external system maintains the overall look and consistency of the design, but I am curious as to why real balconies were not poured there instead (were they too close to Museum House/the lane way to be desirable?).

In the lowest cube, the only condominium suite on the west side of the building also has a south-facing frontage and a balcony there. Behind that suite, the middle and north end of each floor of that cube is made up of the parking garage, so there's no need for balconies on the west and north sides.

And it apparently does a good job of it too, given people can't seem to tell that it's a garage.

This has probably become the single best treatment I've seen of an above ground garage in this city. Casa does a good job too, but ultimately still has blank walls on 3 sides. This project makes it almost impossible to know the garage is there.

Good sized trees on the resort terrace level.
IMG_6772.JPG
IMG_6773.JPG
IMG_6774.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    696.9 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_6774.JPG
    IMG_6774.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 509
What is taking retail so long here?

When do I get my McD's back?

This developer, Bazis, doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to delivering retail,... or anything else for that matter! Bazis' EmeraldPark development was finished about 2 years ago,... yet, we're still waiting for anchor tenant Metro (still just an empty shell) and LCBO to open (interior finished but not stock):
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-131#post-1147425
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-143#post-1174817

This developer, Bazis, doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to delivering retail,... or anything else for that matter! Bazis' EmeraldPark development was finished about 2 years ago,... yet, we're still waiting for anchor tenant Metro (still just an empty shell) and LCBO to open (interior finished but not stock):
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-131#post-1147425
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-143#post-1174817
You know that has more to do with the retailers than the developer in that location. Bazis don't do the interior fit-outs of the stores. In this location, yup, I'm wondering too. It is possible that the retail spaces have been needed as storage and staging for construction materials for the residential suites and amenities, some of which may still be under construction.

You know that has more to do with the retailers than the developer in that location. Bazis don't do the interior fit-outs of the stores. In this location, yup, I'm wondering too. It is possible that the retail spaces have been needed as storage and staging for construction materials for the residential suites and amenities, some of which may still be under construction.

Many of the Bazis EmeraldPark retailers took 9 months from commitment to opening,.... about 5-6 months was waiting for Bazis (namely their almighty Jonathan Gold or whoever) to review and give their blessing on their proposed interior design,....

Many of the Bazis EmeraldPark retailers took 9 months from commitment to opening,.... about 5-6 months was waiting for Bazis (namely their almighty Jonathan Gold or whoever) to review and give their blessing on their proposed interior design,....
You were talking about Metro & the LCBO, not the others, which are not open there now for other reasons than what you stated. In this case, McDonalds would not have to prove anything regarding their proposed interior design. Let's leave the Emerald Park comments in the Emerald Park thread please.

McDonalds interior design was issued Building Permit almost a year ago,... August 24, 2016; all 11 inspection stages including initial Structural Framing & Insulation Vapour/Barrier remain outstanding,... so it's likely they haven't even started for some reason,.... someone should post a photo of the current condition of the McDonald space,....

IMG_4069a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4069a.jpg
    IMG_4069a.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 562
Gorgeous plantings at Museum House too… (nice shot!)

The Museum House planting is so full so consistent so well cared for I wonder if that is done by the property management rather than individual owners?

Back