Erin Mills Expansion & Cineplex Junxion | 14.75m | 1s | OPB | MMC Architecture

I'm sad to see the clock tower gone, I would of expected them to modernize it. I think the sphere would of looked a lot better at Square One. Overall the place looks more refreshing.

Last edited:
Now the important question. Could I park for free at Erin Mills (northwest corner of intersection), walk into the mall, then sneak over to the Credit Valley Hospital (southeast corner of intersection) to avoid paying for parking there? In the middle of winter, during a blizzard.

Now the important question. Could I park for free at Erin Mills (northwest corner of intersection), walk into the mall, then sneak over to the Credit Valley Hospital (southeast corner of intersection) to avoid paying for parking there? In the middle of winter, during a blizzard.

No walking over anymore they are going to ticket people I hear ..They are handing out warnings now. cant blame them as tenants pay for to up keep lots and most people don't go shopping just park!!

I'm sad to see the clock tower gone, I would of expected them to modernize it. I think the sphere would of looked a lot better at Square One. Overall the place looks more refreshing.

Love the new sphere I saw it is going to be the largest of its kind in the world. Its about time old clock tower went..did not keep correct time any way. As for Sq1 too bad they were not more creative just want to add mores stores

The video doesn't give much of an impression of how the glass atrium will be executed - that will make or break the quality of the design.

AoD

The video doesn't give much of an impression of how the glass atrium will be executed - that will make or break the quality of the design.

AoD

These guys are very creative. They did the Core in Calgary and connected 3 office towers with a continuous glass atrium roof so my bet its going to be awesome

I kinda wish the clock would've stayed. Updated for sure, but hey, I suppose this sphere will definitely look unique when it's complete. What I find interesting is that this reno seems to be removing stores, rather than adding them.

The center area has what.. Maybe a dozen retailers upstairs and down? Where are they?

redevelopment-1-r.jpg

This is great news! I'm old enough to remember the mini-golf course and the movie theatre. I felt like the centre court was rather bland after they removed the mini-golf course. As much as I am excited for the renovation, it will be some-what sad to see the clock tower go. IMO it was almost, if not, iconic in the neighborhood. It felt like everywhere you go in Erin Mills you would see the clock tower. However it was kind of cheesy and the mall was in desperate need of a makeover. So I am excited to see what the future Erin Mills town centre will look like.

I am also old enough to remember the mini golf. And the big video screens. My dad and I used to watch the leaf game on the big screens while my mom and sister Christmas shopped. I will miss the cheesy clock tower :( too bad they couldn't modernize it.

clock_06.jpg

Attachments

• clock_06.jpg
    clock_06.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4,980

Back