Erin Mills Expansion & Cineplex Junxion | 14.75m | 1s | OPB | MMC Architecture

The former Sears will become an entertainment complex and a Marshalls.

That's really awesome to hear. As someone who grew up in Erin Mills, there's a whole lot of nothing to do locally when you're looking for entertainment, so this should be fantastic and hopefully liven up the area. Given that a denser population is growing in the immediate area with all the new apartments and condos going up, this kind of stuff is necessary to keep the area alive. I figure it will probably be a Cineplex and Rec Room/Playdium hybrid.

Application for this addition is now in process. Looks like the new theatre will be a Cineplex, unsurprisingly.

Hw9lGIIh.png

Interesting. I wonder if either the Square One or the Winston churchill locations will close or if this will be additional capacity.

Interesting. I wonder if either the Square One or the Winston churchill locations will close or if this will be additional capacity.

I believe it will be additional capacity. I doubt that the location will be as large as the SQ1 or Winston Churchill locations. It's also spaced decently from the other locations so I'm sure it won't affect their other operations that much.

Application for this addition is now in process. Looks like the new theatre will be a Cineplex, unsurprisingly.

Hw9lGIIh.png
Are u sure it is cineplex ? Where was this updated can you provide the link and when it was updated ? I know that councillor pat Saito said on her fb page recently that the chain would only be announced in September. Also a lot of people do not want cineplex especially with the recent controversy

Are u sure it is cineplex ? Where was this updated can you provide the link and when it was updated ? I know that councillor pat Saito said on her fb page recently that the chain would only be announced in September. Also a lot of people do not want cineplex especially with the recent controversy
It says it in the development application pop-up that he provided and you quoted.
Here is the link: http://mississauga.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=a5ba296f43514bf59dccfdf76cd07e14

Last edited:
How accurate is this usually and when was it updated ?

I'd say that these are pretty accurate, because this tool basically shows what people are applying to build, and their intentions have to be made clear. I do find it interesting that Cineplex is explicitly mentioned like that in the application, usually the descriptions are a lot more general and nonspecific.

I can't say I know for sure when it was updated, though. It's definitely new, it probably went up either this week or last week.

I'd say that these are pretty accurate, because this tool basically shows what people are applying to build, and their intentions have to be made clear. I do find it interesting that Cineplex is explicitly mentioned like that in the application, usually the descriptions are a lot more general and nonspecific.

I can't say I know for sure when it was updated, though. It's definitely new, it probably went up either this week or last week.

Well landmark told me on linked in the head that despite their best efforts they didn’t get the deal and cineplex told me recently that they don’t know anything about this. But maybe the manager isn’t aware at cineplex.

No company is going to confirm anything before they are ready to, and the planning notice may simply be using Cineplex in place of cinema complex: you never know for sure if the person doing the inputting is being literal or sloppy.

Is this theatre expected to open next year ? The councillor said theatre chain will be announced in September

Back