Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Definitely much higher than usual for the area. We bought a place in this area, and saw about 30 units during our search, in practically every recent condo building in the area. None approached the $450/sq. ft. Bazis is asking.

Raj, per post #25, the Agent rollout event is scheduled for July 10th...there may have already been a VIP event - that usually gets held first for past customers of the builder....

About 10 days after the agent event, they will probably open sales to the general public..

As it is Bazis, I would say that the prices could be 'unpredictable'...

Yes, you're right. VIP sales are already happening and have been for about 10 days now. Just like 1 Bloor, there may be a little pandemonium and hurt egos/feelings at the agent's only event on the 10th...

Does anyone have an idea what type of people would be living in this place? For example, people renting or actual home owners? I know that there are lots of students living around Yonge and majority of them are renting.

I find it highly unlikely that more than a handful of students would rent in these buildings, especially given the prices (North York Centre's first mid-end condo?).

A T&T Supermarket is quite possible, but a dollar store? I highly doubt that. I don't think Bazis would cheapen the look of their development with a dollar store.

I'd be very cautious about this builder... They have no history in Canada and so far its been all bark and no bite... I'd have to wait a few years and see how they deliver on their projects (1 Bloor, CrystalBlu, Emerald) before I can trust them with my money

Not really. They have 1 building excavated and building...They have the site under demolition for 1 Bloor East which is guarenteed to be built, so I would say the bite is inevitable.

Cheers!

Edit: sorry just adding on...I think the question may not be trusting them with you money, but more is the price worth what you will get out of it later....ie Is the value there.

A T&T Supermarket is quite possible, but a dollar store? I highly doubt that. I don't think Bazis would cheapen the look of their development with a dollar store.

I saw some clothing stores in the pictures. They might have some stores like Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, or International Clothing for men. I wonder if this will draw more stores like this around. The area doesn't have many clothing stores around. This area could be develop like Bay and Bloor.

The retail spaces as suggested by the brochure don't seem at all big enough for a grocery store unless it's of the mini-Dominion @ Yonge & Lawrence variety or something like those new Sobey's expresses. Yet, the area will need a new grocery store when the Dominion across the street closes to make way for Hullmark...losing a grocery store while gaining over 10,000 new residents makes no sense.

I saw some clothing stores in the pictures. They might have some stores like Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, or International Clothing for men. I wonder if this will draw more stores like this around. The area doesn't have many clothing stores around. This area could be develop like Bay and Bloor.

A Harry Rosen would be nice. There really isn't any high-end shopping up here at all. Considering all the money moving into Willowdale and the good two dozen new condo towers, I think we're due for some nicer stores. Also, International Clothing should not be spoken of in the same sentence as Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew :)

A Harry Rosen would be nice. There really isn't any high-end shopping up here at all. Considering all the money moving into Willowdale and the good two dozen new condo towers, I think we're due for some nicer stores. Also, International Clothing should not be spoken of in the same sentence as Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew :)

I think the high-end shops will start coming up once more higher end condo's start to get built.

Does anyone know if the underground path will be linked directly to Sheppard station or if it will be connected to Hullmark and then to the station? It would be nice if they started building a nice underground path with variety of stores along the way to the station like downtown's underground path way. This would probably generate more revenue for the builders and it would look nicer instead of a boring hall leading to the station.

I think the high-end shops will start coming up once more higher end condo's start to get built.

That's not how North York Centre will play out...the neighbourhood's real [disposable] money does/will lie in the houses beyond Beecroft and Doris, not the condos, and this is very likely to stay true even if every remaining plot of land was developed into mid-range condos like Emerald Park. Higher-end shops will only move in once the surrounding single family houses reach a critical mass of McMansions and once a certain percentage of the houses are worth $1M, $1.5M, $2+M, thus representing certain amounts of demographic turnover. Even then, the area will always be a step or two behind Yonge & Eglinton (so what Y&E has now is what Yonge & Sheppard could/should aim for having in ~20 years).

Does anyone know if the underground path will be linked directly to Sheppard station or if it will be connected to Hullmark and then to the station? It would be nice if they started building a nice underground path with variety of stores along the way to the station like downtown's underground path way. This would probably generate more revenue for the builders and it would look nicer instead of a boring hall leading to the station.

Emerald Park will be built directly on top of the Poyntz subway exit. And a mini-PATH already exists...go wander around Sheppard Centre.

Back