Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

It seems fishy since the are marketing a project that has no status with the city, they haven't even made an application.

It seems fishy since the are marketing a project that has no status with the city, they haven't even made an application.

A project that's a near exact copy - including the logo - of something getting built in the mysterious land of Borat.

Now that Harry Stinson has moved out of town, Toronto is ripe for a developer who will promise you something unfeasible, fail and then take your money. I think Bazis has stepped up to this job.

We'll certainly feel a lot better about Bazis once Cruptal Blown is more than a hole in the ground, and 1 Bloor East is. For a developer that is promising a lot, they sure are starting off with a huge splash. Will they be able to maintain strong sales for much longer without having some finished (or more substantially under construction) buildings to show for it? Who knows: there will always be those people who make huge financial decisions without due diligence first.

someone over at SSC is saying that Bazis will be holding VIP events for the Emerald Park project, this Friday, June 13th, and Monday, June 16th...looks like a rendering is due soon...

and here we go.....

emeraldpark06242008agt_r1_c1.jpg

btw, this was sent out as part of an e-mail this morning from Baker Real Estate....counting the floors on the left tower - appears to be more than 50....maybe about 57? :eek:

only 2 towers now? If these are actually to be built, it seems a bit of a waste to put them at Yonge/ Sheppard. Cool looking buildings... will those curved tops ever become reality?

I doubt those designs are what we'll end up with.. Bazis likes to release renderings before they have even worked out how the building works.... remember the original renders of Crystalblu? it was rounded in the front, and kinda sleek, the render was even in the ads/condoguide... and then they changed it its current (and official) boxy shape.

same with 1 bloor, there were lots of really nice looking renders before.... what we got stuck with...

Emerald09.jpg

I count 54 occupied storeys in the tower plus 3 in the podium, for 57 storeys in total (plus 5 more in the unoccupied 'fin') for the building on the left.

Emerald08.jpg

Emerald07.jpg

Emerald06.jpg

Emerald05.jpg

Emerald04.jpg

Emerald03.jpg

Emerald02.jpg

Emerald01.jpg

EmeraldPlan1.jpg

EmeraldPlan2.jpg

EmeraldSuite1.jpg

EmeraldSuite2.jpg

EmeraldSuite3.jpg

EmeraldSuite4.jpg

EmeraldSuite5.jpg

Bill

Have they even made a formal application yet? My understanding is they haven't, but have gone to market anyways. These guys give developers a bad name!

Back