Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Passed the site today. They are fencing up in green color. For sure this is a preparation to dig down for foundation.
In the same time, Tridel is digging down on the other side of Yonge street.

thanks for the update!!
In the 2nd image this area looks like some sort of hinterland fringes of a place.. I would have never guessed there is a subway under there nor that 40s towers are going up... interesting place Toronto can be

OMG! There's going to be so much traffic at this intersection. The next couple of years are going to be frustrating for the neighbourhood residents and those who work there. Should be spectacular once it's all done though.

Click for full size

Thank you for putting the very first pictures of EP construction site.
I think all the buyers and nearby residence are appreciating to be updated on the construction of EP, although this is the Bazis' duty and responsibility to update the EP web page regularly or/and add a "News" section to it.

OMG! There's going to be so much traffic at this intersection. The next couple of years are going to be frustrating for the neighbourhood residents and those who work there. Should be spectacular once it's all done though.

You obviously are not familiar with this area at all.

Traffic in downtown North York (along Yonge from 401 to Drewy/Cummer just north of Finch) is already bad! Since almalgamation in 1998, there's been about 50 condos developed or on the drawing boards within downtown North York. In that same period,... there's only been 1 office building built in downtown North York,... that being the TransAmerica/Aegon building.

Downtown North York really isn't a typical downtown with lots of office buildings where office workers come in for their 9-5 jobs. Downtown North York is full of condos,... it's really a vertical sleeping community. During the morning rush hours, the net migration is OUT of downtown North York. A lot more car traffic and transit passengers are LEAVING downtown North York during the AM rush hours than those that are coming into the area for work. Try driving out of the area and onto 401 in AM rush hour.

City of Toronto traffic study of area along Yonge between Sheppard and 401 concludes that Avondale (which is basically 4 lanes now) will need to be widen to 7 lanes (that's as wide as Yonge!). And southbound Yonge to Eastbound 401 will need a fly-over ramp (over all 16 lanes of the 401).
http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/yonge_tms/pdf/2_yonge_sttreet_tms_efinal_report_body1.pdf

The development in downtown North York isn't sustainable. It needs office buildings and workplace development so people can work close to where they live.

As per article in post #436:
"Emerald Park firms up financing with development partners"
“We had 115,000 square feet on the ground floor and we sold it all,†says McLellan. “And a major national grocery chain has committed to buying the entire second floor space.â€
http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/reales...-firms-up-financing-with-development-partners

As per article in post #449:
"The condo industry’s comeback kid "
Finding a major grocery store chain as buyer for the entire second floor proved to be a substantial spur to sales.
“Once we had that deal in place word got around and we were able to sell 72 of the 75 planned retail spaces on the first floor,†Mr. McLellan says.

----------------------------

BTW,... that "major national grocery chain" is Loblaws.

WTF, there's already a Loblaws one subway stop north at Yonge & Empress/Park Home in Empress Walk. There's another Loblaws one subway stop east at Bayview Village (Sheppard & Bayview). And there's a third Loblaws one subways stop south and a bit at Yonge and Old Yonge just south of York Mills/Wilson.

Maybe they really meant T & T supermarket,... which is owned by Loblaws. But then again,... T&T Supermarket isn't really a "major national grocery chain".

Yes, it's the asian specialty T & T, which started off life independent, but which is now owned by Loblaw. It's in the Vancouver area, Calgary, Edmonton, here and Ottawa. That and the fact that it's owned by Loblaw is major national grocery chainish enough for me, but split hairs all you want...

So is it confirmed that T&T will anchor the base of Emearld Park ??

I'm not splitting hairs.

Interesting that Hullmark-Centre site prominently display Wholes Food on their construction site boardings. Whereas EmeraldPark construction site boarding doesn't display Loblaws nor T&T logo.

BTW,.... InterChange42, try visiting the site. Ask the EmeraldPark construction site supervisor (an older tall grey hair gentleman with glasses) "which 'major national grocery chain' will occupy the second floor?" He told me "Loblaws". When I asked "Loblaw's Loblaws or their T&T stores?",... he looked at me like he never even heard of T&T. I would like to think that a construction site supervisor would know what exactly he's building,.... but then again he does work for Bazis. :)

Some of those on this board, lives in the neighbourhood. Go to the EmeraldPark construction site and ask them "which 'major national grocery chain' will occupy the second floor?" See what they say and report back here.

Solaris, the only thing I can confirm is that it's "Loblaws" and this is based on speaking to the EmerldPark Construction site supervisor. It could be a Loblaw's Loblaws or a Loblaw's SuperCentre or a Loblaw's T&T or Loblaw's NoFrills or a Loblaw's whatever,....

Back