Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

^ Perhaps that means it's time to start increasing those services. I know taxes paid within communities don't necessarily come back to that same community, but does the municipal government take into account where taxes are coming from when they decide on what services to increase?

When the mall is closed, there's barely a convenience store open for the tens of thousands of local residents to shop at. Sheppard between Don Mills and Vic Park is always congested. Forest Manor PS has an enrollment of 732 and already redirects some kids. If the Sheppard subway is extended and a Don Mills line is run up here, this will be a fantastic transportation hub. Given its location, the area should be home to many, many more people but it's only going to work if they add more than condo towers to the area.

If the new rental tower on the southwest corner of Sheppard and the 404 is any indication of the new development, then I'm terribly disappointed.

Social Housing

Finch West El-Ad Group Proposal Update:

Community Groups and Councillor Peter Li Preti are against the proposal (suprise, suprise in an election year).

The El-Ad group has proposed seven new condo buildings ranging in height from six to twelve storeys, with a total of 1,200 units. the site is north of Finch Avenue West between Jane and Keele Streets. The proposed buildings are to be constructed in between the four existing Maple Grove towers.

The proposal is under review by the planning department and community consultation could begin this fall.

^sounds interesting - I just don't see how they'd manage to maintain sightlines/sunlight to the lowrise apartment units by adding 7 new buildings if it is the quartet of 24 storey towers

Could it maybe be the row of 10 storey apartment buildings with townhouse blocks and parking inbetween them?

"The amended proposal ensures that the development is more street related, with two 36-storey towers proposed for the corner of Sheppard Avenue East and Don Mills Road, and 7-9 storey buildings along Sheppard Avenue East and Don Mills Road."

411856780_8e6c90a60f.jpg

Can anyone confirm if I've highlighted the correct area for the 36 storey towers?

Emerald City Condos (North York)

http://www.emeraldcitycondos.ca/

The multi-tower development by El-Ad formerly known as "Parkway Forest" or whatever is about to start sales. This should definitely add more density and ridership along the Sheppard subway line.

And about the condo name, it's not the worse reference to a US city, that title would go to "San Francisco by The Bay" in Pickering...talk about cheeze.

Anybody got a link to the updated site approval? The original proposed a 50 storey tower and like 4-5K units, but I don't recall what the revised plan contains.

Yup, southeast corner.

Emerald City is a US city reference? I'm thinking more of yellow-brick roads and scarecrows and flying monkeys. El-Ad should hire a witch on a broom to do a little skywriting. Now that would be an ad campaign.

It may be, but the fact that nobody here knows for sure, or cares really, would indicate that this complex better not be banking on a Seattle tie-in to push sales. Bring on Elvira Gulch!

Back