Mississauga Eleven 11 Clarkson | ?m | 4s | Saxon Developments | KFA

SaugeenJunction

Member Bio
Reaction score
While taking the GO Train along the Lakeshore West Line I noticed a townhouse development under construction located at 1111 Clarkson Road North, just south of the rail corridor. The project is called Eleven 11 Clarkson Towns by Saxon Developments. Website here.

Rendering of what the townshouses look like:
FF58B37B-F5FB-4268-A8C8-6561339E3060.jpeg

Site plan:
E7725363-CC2C-4B3B-8BEA-F085B86C3415.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @SaugeenJunction for posting about this project. I'm adding this to the flight list the next time I do Stonebrook.

I think this is the site of the former Doug Auld Meat Market and the cold storage facility for the area, which was in behind, when the intersection with the railway was best known as 'Clarkson's Corners' and was an export center for fruits. I can remember picking up my father from the first GO trains which used this stop until the Southdown Road station was developed. I think they were actually Polar Bear express or ONR passenger cars initially. And stopping in at Aulds to pick up whatever my mother had called in.

There was a lot of controversy when the Auld's shop was ripped down - the building probably dated to the time of the establishment of the area and a family whose last name was Clarkson - so mid to late 1800's I think.

Interesting development. The commercial areas work as a nice buffer to the tracks, but I am curious from a parking and traffic access point of view. Not sure how your (potential) neighborhood Daycare or martial arts after school program fits in...

Thx. I am going to try to sneak out again one night this week for some progress photos.

Photographed it this morning and all remaining buildings have been demolished. Photos and video will follow.

July 30th - I will post a video after it finishes uploading
DJI_0027.JPG
DJI_0028.JPG

Back