Toronto Eighty One Wellesley | 97.53m | 28s | Aragon Properties | Core Architects

When I first saw the renderings for this proposal I thought - other than tenants in adjacent buildings - who could possibly object to such a masterful design that fits in so perfectly with its surroundings. To see Wong-Tam come out and condemn the proposal outright is further proof of how clue-less she is.

+1. I agree with you completely. Wong-Tam is obviously an anti-development nazi.

She's pro-development and on side with developers and then she's anti-development. Then she's criticized for all the section 37 funds that she's negotiated (or "extorts"). Funny how different people view her on this issue.

“...the official plan calls for towers to be set back at least 12.5 metres from the street...”

Is this true? If so, it's insane. Why on earth would this be required? Tall buildings need to be sequestered from the street by a chunk of wasted space?

Thanks UD, I didn't know what properties were being referring to but I see now that there is a "For Sale" sign up on Wellesley in front of the property. They've had the sign posts in the ground for well over a week, I expected a "Development Proposal" sign to go up but the for sale sign went up on Friday.

This site. Small developers are panicking--predictable :)

just like that guy who owns the corner of church and gloucester. realized he wouldn't be able to get any height increase so he panicked, threw in the towel and listed with CB (only to find that there were no bidders).

I think a larger builder will scoop up this property quickly, hopefully not Canderel. It'll sell like hot cakes.

What makes a prime condo site at Church &Wellesley a 'lemon'? I think it would make a great addition to this thriving area.

sorry - should have clarified. it's not the area so much a it is the site itself. i don't think it will be successfully rezoned. similar story to the one up the road on church st. or the giraffe on bloor west a few years back.

Thanks UD, I didn't know what properties were being referring to but I see now that there is a "For Sale" sign up on Wellesley in front of the property. They've had the sign posts in the ground for well over a week, I expected a "Development Proposal" sign to go up but the for sale sign went up on Friday.

Back