Mississauga Oro at Edge Towers | ?m | 50s | Solmar | Rosario Varacalli

Sept 04
Stop off at the sales office to see when construction is to start and was told any day. That been the line for the last few months.

They have posted new renderings for the park area on the hording and pushing the LRT
44480515211_d7f2290132_b.jpg

42671470130_3d39376624_b.jpg

43762161464_2ed8e848a3_b.jpg

44430820862_53f04be560_b.jpg

43762155734_c496dde370_b.jpg

43762165884_87292b7b2a_b.jpg

42671464550_14d681f174_b.jpg

Also gives us a height - 179.5m. Existing approval is 176.4m.

What this tells me is that the tallest phase is getting "boxed off" as well as the other phases - you can't add 5 floors in 3m of additional height.

Also, looks like the two later phases are proposed to have parking ratios of 0.5... That's crazy low for Mississauga. How do they expect over half of all residents to go without parking out here? I honestly don't get it.

Mind you, Centrecourt is building a 0.3 building in Vaughan.. So I guess it's possible.

There is/was a grand opening for Tower 2 this past/next weekend. Nothing on site for construct yet.

The developer wanted to go below 50% parking requirements, but the city said no. I have proposed for years to reduced parking down as low as 50%, but the city keep pushing 1:1 ratio, going against their plan on getting people to use transit.

I'm honestly amazed at how long this is taking to get off the ground. You'd think that they would at least be digging for phase 1 now. I guess it's probably because of all the design changes that have been happening, or maybe they want to sell all of the phases before building. Either way, I hope it gets started soon.

Amazing how these all magically became boxes once they passed city approval and went into sales.

There is/was a grand opening for Tower 2 this past/next weekend. Nothing on site for construct yet.

The developer wanted to go below 50% parking requirements, but the city said no. I have proposed for years to reduced parking down as low as 50%, but the city keep pushing 1:1 ratio, going against their plan on getting people to use transit.

City always getting more stupid, I know rich people don't like to use transit in real life and reduced parking will make condo sold quick? hard to believe

Low parking ratio buildings have been selling even in the suburbs as of late - though I don't understand it. If it sells, who really cares? The less parking in these suburban buildings, the better for traffic and sustainability. I feel like I would really hate to live out in Mississauga without a car, but if people are willing to do it, all the power to them.

Low parking ratio buildings have been selling even in the suburbs as of late - though I don't understand it. If it sells, who really cares? The less parking in these suburban buildings, the better for traffic and sustainability. I feel like I would really hate to live out in Mississauga without a car, but if people are willing to do it, all the power to them.

The irony is this development is really meant for people that want to commute to Toronto for work and play. The marketing keeps stressing the point that the LRT will be built right there.

Back