Mississauga Oro at Edge Towers | ?m | 50s | Solmar | Rosario Varacalli

Wow, I really wish this was going up in Toronto. Love the gothic vibe.

Let's hope its comes close to the renderings. Otherwise we might just get this :(

chicago-prince-of-wales-drive-city-centre-mississauga-ontario-canada-1.jpeg

Attachments

• chicago-prince-of-wales-drive-city-centre-mississauga-ontario-canada-1.jpeg
    chicago-prince-of-wales-drive-city-centre-mississauga-ontario-canada-1.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,389
The only thing that remains open at this time, is the day care building and it is suppose to remain open until the west tower is built that will house the new day care Centre. That tower is supposed to built first at 35s with a park there.

Another bunch of condos in the park and a miss opportunity to have nice street edge on Elm. Unless changes have taken place to increase the hight of the tall build at Hurontario St, 50s is what to go there that was approved by council last year. The site was reduce to 3 towers when it went to Planning & development committee last year.

I wonder what changes have taken place regarding another tower south and beside the Hurontario since the owner of that site refused to sale the land to Solmar and drew up some unknown height tower quick site plan on the day of hearing the proposal for this site.

That design is different to the ones approved as well at the community meetings.

This is one of 2 developments a block apart that will add density to support the LRT. Another 50s & 47s tower is going to go up a block north.

It took the Absolute Towers to break the 39s ceiling in the city and waiting for the 60s plus to break the only 50s ceiling now.

The Park and Chicago are not nice looking buildings

Holy crud, if these are really built, in their current design, I'll be simply amazed. I have been less than impressed with some of the towers that went up, like Chicago, first 3 towers of Parkside masterplan etc, although, these 3 towers look incredible. Great contrast with the site at the moment, and will definitely add some significance to the skyline.

The only thing that remains open at this time, is the day care building and it is suppose to remain open until the west tower is built that will house the new day care Centre. That tower is supposed to built first at 35s with a park there.

Another bunch of condos in the park and a miss opportunity to have nice street edge on Elm. Unless changes have taken place to increase the hight of the tall build at Hurontario St, 50s is what to go there that was approved by council last year. The site was reduce to 3 towers when it went to Planning & development committee last year.

I wonder what changes have taken place regarding another tower south and beside the Hurontario since the owner of that site refused to sale the land to Solmar and drew up some unknown height tower quick site plan on the day of hearing the proposal for this site.

That design is different to the ones approved as well at the community meetings.

This is one of 2 developments a block apart that will add density to support the LRT. Another 50s & 47s tower is going to go up a block north.

It took the Absolute Towers to break the 39s ceiling in the city and waiting for the 60s plus to break the only 50s ceiling now.

The Park and Chicago are not nice looking buildings

If the rendering is accurate the floor count is at least 60, 50, 40s plus mechanical so they may have been granted a height increase in exchange for a section 37 like "donation".

If the rendering is accurate the floor count is at least 60, 50, 40s plus mechanical so they may have been granted a height increase in exchange for a section 37 like "donation".
Since the site will only hold 3 towers in place of 4 and the possiblity of agreement with the south land owner, the buildings were allow to increase in height like you stated.

If the Hurontario tower goes to 60s, it will finally backup council claim the sky is the limited for height and stop the fear going higher than 40/50s.

I know under section 37, the city is getting a park at the west end and the day care centre.

Not a fan of the 3 towers looking the same, or the weak podiums. I'll take 1 of the taller and two redesigned shorter ones please! :D

Since the site will only hold 3 towers in place of 4 and the possiblity of agreement with the south land owner, the buildings were allow to increase in height like you stated.

If the Hurontario tower goes to 60s, it will finally backup council claim the sky is the limited for height and stop the fear going higher than 40/50s.

I know under section 37, the city is getting a park at the west end and the day care centre.

She has a point but it's a judgement call. Some developers may pay the extra fees but maybe not.
Mississauga’s condo boom leaves little space for tax-generating office towers in the core..
http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...for-tax-generating-office-towers-in-the-core/
“And the lack of height restrictions, there’s no way to unring that bell, eh?” Parrish asked Ed Sajecki, the City’s commissioner of planning and building.

Parrish was referencing a previous council decision that eliminated height and density restrictions and pre-zoned many properties to encourage quick development.

“I think that’s the second biggest mistake – ever,” she went on.

Crombie noted that if height restrictions were in place, the City could have made a fortune from developers who would be willing to pay for additional density through section 37 benefits.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

View of the Monroe towers from across the street for context
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Tallest tower will be at this end of the site closest to hurontario

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,660
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,642
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,627
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,579
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,582
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,540
Report dated June 23, 2016 from the Commissioner of Planning and Building re: Section 37 Community Benefits Report (Ward 7) 24-64 Elm Drive West and 3528- 3536 Hurontario Street, south side of Elm Drive West, between Kariya Drive and Hurontario Street, Owner: Solmar Inc. and D.W. Elm Holdings Ltd. File OZ013/022 W7.

Recommendation
That the Report dated June 23, 2016 from the Commissioner of Planning and Building re: Outlining the recommended Section 37 Community Benefits under OZ 13/022 W7, Solmar Inc. and D.W. Elm Holdings Ltd., 24-64 Elm Drive West and 3528-3536 Hurontario Street be adopted, and that a Section 37 agreement be executed in accordance with the following:
1. That the sum of $3,020,000.00 be approved as the amount for the Section 37 Community Benefit contribution.

2. That provision be made in the agreement to allow the payments to be made in three phases as follows: • $1,020,000.00 to be paid prior to the adoption of the Zoning By-law; • $1,000,000.00 to be paid prior to the first building permit issuance for Phase 2; • $1,000,000.00 to be paid prior to the first building permit issuance for Phase 3, and; • All outstanding monies to be paid in Phases 2 and 3 are to be indexed for inflation in accordance with the Statistics Canada Building Construction Price Index.

3. That the City may direct Solmar to provide a portion of the community benefit contribution in the form of actual construction of the community benefits as opposed to a cash contribution through a further amendment to the Section 37 agreement.

4. That City Council enact a by-law under Section 37 of the Planning Act to authorize the Commissioner of Planning and Building and the City Clerk to execute the Section 37 agreement with Solmar Inc. and D.W. Elm Holdings Ltd., and that the agreement be registered on title to the lands in a manner satisfactory to the City Solicitor, to secure the community benefits contribution.
Owner: Solmar Inc.

I love skyscrapers with setbacks. We need more towers with setbacks, regardless of whether they're modern or postmodern in style. Setbacks give towers a more interesting profile and a more impressive presence in the skyline.

July 02
They has started demolition of the site. Everything west of the Day Care Centre will be remove. The Day Care will be remove once a new one opens in the first tower.
27432706803_8f35ae5b63_h.jpg

28012125666_9dcbc3910c_h.jpg

28012133136_fd606b367a_h.jpg

27944425872_edf3357e45_h.jpg

27969234331_889624b61d_h.jpg

Media Hit!

Mississauga council approves three more high-rise condos along Hurontario’s LRT corridor
Mississauga News - July 7th, 2016 - http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...-rise-condos-along-hurontario-s-lrt-corridor/

Love the reference to the Hurontario LRT, and had a good laugh at this line in the article:

Lisa Roy, a resident who lives in the immediate area, said she moved to Mississauga from Toronto because she “thought this was a great city.”
"I didn’t buy my condo to look at another condo and be boxed in and that’s all I’m going to see,” she stated during the planning meeting.

Back