Mississauga Oro at Edge Towers | ?m | 50s | Solmar | Rosario Varacalli

Towers-in-a-park developments are over?
To add on to this point, it's not hard to tell that towers-in-a-park developments are still used, just not as much, as an example of somewhere in Mississauga that's seen consistent Tower-in-the-park developments being Erin Mills, practically all of which being constructed from Pemberton, and with more to come. (I mean the Miracle in Mississauga towers and their whole Erin Mills Downtown line up, which can be argued as not completely tower in the park, but very similar to Miracle, which is.

Towers-in-a-park developments are over?
In the city centre, yes. Erin Mills Miracle abomination was approved before the Downtown21 plan was implemented. Pemberton's Mills Square is an improvement but not much but Daniels Erin Mills development particularly ARC and the three proposals across the street will be mixed-use.

Last edited:
To add on to this point, it's not hard to tell that towers-in-a-park developments are still used, just not as much, as an example of somewhere in Mississauga that's seen consistent Tower-in-the-park developments being Erin Mills, practically all of which being constructed from Pemberton, and with more to come. (I mean the Miracle in Mississauga towers and their whole Erin Mills Downtown line up, which can be argued as not completely tower in the park, but very similar to Miracle, which is.
BTW - apart from being a wasted opportunity, the Miracle buildings, from an administration perspective, are a nightmare. Each building is run by a separate management company, not good when it comes to shared facilities, etc. I'm not sure if the Edge Towers will have any shared facilities but sometimes it's best to go with the same reputable management company.

BTW - apart from being a wasted opportunity, the Miracle buildings, from an administration perspective, are a nightmare. Each building is run by a separate management company, not good when it comes to shared facilities, etc. I'm not sure if the Edge Towers will have any shared facilities but sometimes it's best to go with the same reputable management company.

Alright, fair enough with what you said. I gotta wonder then how Pemberton's older projects, The Parkway Place I,II and III, are doing with management etc.

Going back to this project, good to see some strong movement going on.

Alright, fair enough with what you said. I gotta wonder then how Pemberton's older projects, The Parkway Place I,II and III, are doing with management etc.

Going back to this project, good to see some strong movement going on.

Parkway I,II,III are doing fine. I'm on the Board:)

I'm looking forward to seeing these towers go up...

It hasn't been that long since the last Ovation went up. You still have the final phases of the Universal to be built. Absolute's super block is like a hybrid tower in park community. It's far too early to call it especially for the outskirts of the City Centre. This isn't just Mississauga. It's applicable to all suburban city centres across Canada.

From Sunday:
TJ097544.JPG
TJ097545.JPG
TJ097547.JPG
TJ097548.JPG

Annnnnd....This development will be at least 15 floors taller between these two sets of newer highrises., creating a fair peak.
TJ097559.JPG

Attachments

• TJ097544.JPG
    TJ097544.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,093
  • TJ097545.JPG
    TJ097545.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 963
  • TJ097547.JPG
    TJ097547.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,025
  • TJ097548.JPG
    TJ097548.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,005
  • TJ097559.JPG
    TJ097559.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 931
structure for the sales office is going up....

Update on project and some newer renderings than those in the database file. Also, it references the Hurontario LRT a lot in the renderings/marketing.

Register now for The Edge Towers, coming soon to Mississauga

While details are still emerging, initial renderings reveal three towers of varying heights, with the tallest reaching 50 storeys. The buildings boast similar styles, each with an elegant profile with staggered floor plates on higher floors, clean vertical lines and multi-level podiums at ground level. A total of 1,283 units is expected to be available when sales launch later this year. The development is also expected to include some mixed-use elements with street level retail and office space as well as a new neighbourhood park.

0lrqGbs.jpg

yHl9dXq.jpg

vVbqWJV.jpg

Hmm, what's the floor plate size? It looks quite a bit smaller than the Toronto 750 sq m plate, so quite slender.

Are there any inset balconies? It needs some.

I think the descending asymmetric tops work. The podiums need a little of that jazz.

Oh man.... The renders might be a bit more realistic to the way they'll look in real life....blugh. I guess it's density at least for the area. I'll go to the construction site tomorrow.

Back