Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Finally my coworker gave me the photos. Have to give a shout out to her Instagram. Hope that is ok since they are not my photos. @leanna.likes
Cheers, hope you like them.

IMG_4993.JPG
IMG_5015.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG
IMG_4994.jpg
IMG_5011.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4993.JPG
    IMG_4993.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_5015.JPG
    IMG_5015.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_4994.jpg
    IMG_4994.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_5011.JPG
    IMG_5011.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 706
The crown of the shorter tower is more visible from Jane & Bloor, and there's quite a bit more height on the taller tower than last time I posted from this location.

Taken this morning:

IMG_20180904_073628.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_073628.jpg
    IMG_20180904_073628.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 552
Is there any overlap (such as the Northern part of the Sky Tower facing East) between the Water Tower and Sky Tower impeding on the Sky Tower's Eastern view of the lake? Judging by the images it seems that this is the case, but the model and renderings don't show this occurring.

There are (I think) eight workers on the “ski jump” crown of the Water Tower. As far as we can tell, they are not strapped into anything. A little scary, given the steepness of the slope, but I suppose they are used to it. I’m sorry I can’t supply a photo. They are quite visible through binoculars but I don’t have a telephoto lens that would create a useful photo.

There was a several hour power failure in the area yesterday, by the way, which must have delayed at least some of the work. A question for more knowledgeable members: do construction sites have their own generators and if so, what do they typically run?

Is there any overlap (such as the Northern part of the Sky Tower facing East) between the Water Tower and Sky Tower impeding on the Sky Tower's Eastern view of the lake? Judging by the images it seems that this is the case, but the model and renderings don't show this occurring.

From my angle it does look as if there would be some overlap on the southwestern corner of the taller Sky Tower, at least up to the height of the Water Tower. But tstormers, who put up the wonderful photos from within the SkyTower, could probably answer more authoritatively.

@67Cup The first photo in my post above shows this slight overlap pretty well. maybe a 1/4 overlap of the towers looking towards the lake parallel with the podium. Plenty of East-West views to be had from the Sky Tower.

Back