Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Well done indeed!

I take all the photos I post here on my pixel. I always blamed the phone for them not turning out like that one...

Well, in all fairness, I also do post-processing just because the raw digital photo will never look the same way your eyes perceive the scene. You know, the eye took hundreds of millions of years to evolve, CCD sensors are nowhere near as good yet. But the good thing about Pixel is that is has good raw data, so it takes 30 seconds to bring out the beauty that you see in real life out of the digital images. Check out the Snapseed app, it's Google's suite of awesome and easy to use image editing tools.

Haven’t got a shot of it because photos while driving is not a good idea but coming down the 427 to the gardiner and vice versa this is definitely reigning king of the cluster now.

A good looking project like Eau du Soleil is definitely a nice thing to be dominating the skyline, certainly draws the attention away from the sea of boring grey spandrel all around it. I travel to and from downtown via the Martin Goodman trail along the lake and coming back to Humber Bay Shores it is certainly nice to see the change this project is making to the skyline. However, just due to the perspective, it is still not as dominant as Palace Pier towers when viewed from across Humber Bay. While I've warmed up a tiny bit to Palace Pier towers over the years, I still dislike them and can't wait to see them not stand out like sore thumbs. I hope Christie lands redevelopment fixes that issue once and for all.

Last edited:
I have a co-worker hitting up a tour of this building this afternoon. I hope they will let me share their photos. Anyone else headed to the tour? I know you had to buy tickets for it.

August 29th, 2018.

DSC_8189.jpg
DSC_8184.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8189.jpg
    DSC_8189.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC_8184.jpg
    DSC_8184.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 502
A little off topic but not sure where else to ask this. Will this area have office, institutional, and/or cultural additions or will it all be residential with some retail?

Maybe he thought you were cute and wanted you to turn around.
Naaaaaaah.

Wait a minute, what if I'm the girl in the movie who doesn't realize that if she'd just take off her glasses, every guy would realize she's super hot?!

Naaaaaaah.

A little off topic but not sure where else to ask this. Will this area have office, institutional, and/or cultural additions or will it all be residential with some retail?

The area is going to need all of that in the Christie's redevelopment across Lake Shore… so I'd direct you to that thread.

How many more levels left to go on the taller tower? I counted 63 floors, so it must be close to topping out?

I counted 64, so either way, just a few more floors and then it's time to start putting a hat on it like the 49-storey tower is getting now.

Back