P1070486.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,329
  • P1070488.JPG
    P1070488.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DJI_0997.JPG
    DJI_0997.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 1,247
The floor plans show 6 elevators . Any less than that would be a problem with that many units.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Without a doubt less than 6 would be a disaster in the making here, but these days it seems like developers are just going with the bare minimum for # of elevators required, and the quality of the same said elevators which is very worrisome.

It probably would not be so bad if people bought this condo to live in, but it's likely that more than half will be rentals. So in the future at least 2 elevators are going to be tied up with moving either in or out. You are right about the quality of elevators. I would bet that at least one elevator will be under service at any one day. Empire was going to dedicate 2 elevators for the upper floors but now they have dropped that idea. They say they will use software to give upper floors priority over the lower floors. I have a unit on the 58 floor and I am sure there will be a long wait at busy hours. I live now in a 44 floor condo on bay street and they have 3 elevators for the upper floors only and some days, when people are moving in or out you could be down to 1 elevator only. This building was built 10 years ago and you are right. They don't do this any more. Now it's the least elevators they can get away with . After closing, it's not their problem any more. Still the location, the view and amenities hopefully will make up for it.

They really should mandate more elevators for new builds. I think the rules are 1 per 10 floors or 1 per 100 units or something like that? Devs will do bare minimum to squeeze out as much square footage as possible so most newer condos simply don’t have enough elevators. They also break down often. The view is great but if you ever have to take the stairs good luck. Have had to do that a few times after floods and it was not dun. I’m on the 14th floor so would not even leave my home if I was on a super high floor.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Without a doubt less than 6 would be a disaster in the making here, but these days it seems like developers are just going with the bare minimum for # of elevators required, and the quality of the same said elevators which is very worrisome.

Which is why the standards or rules need to be revised. Devs will always do what they can get away with. Such a simple solution.

I can't imagine only 6 elevators for that size of a building Going to be a hell of a wait at 8AM to get down.
There are 6 elevators for the taller building (3 low rise only up to mid point, 3 high rise up to 66 - with priority dispatch software), 4 elevators in shorter building, plus 2 per tower serving up to 7th floor for podium suites. Total 14 elevators for residents. Under 100 suites per cab.

under 100 suites means that elevator utilization should be fine. A lot of developers like to push 150 suites / elevator, which is when you run into problems.

There are 6 elevators for the taller building (3 low rise only up to mid point, 3 high rise up to 66 - with priority dispatch software), 4 elevators in shorter building, plus 2 per tower serving up to 7th floor for podium suites. Total 14 elevators for residents. Under 100 suites per cab.

Yes but real world scenario is: one elevator is always out for move ins/out, one is out for service or is the problem child elevator and is always down so that leaves 4 elevators really on a good day.
Good luck with that folks.

Back