Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

So anybody figure out what they are doing at 20 Queen West/CF Tower?

IMG_1287.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 443
Whatever it is it going to be adding some height to the building it seems.

Wouldn't surprise me to see 2 very large uppercase letters erected up there. (Gimmee a "C"...gimmee an...)
Actually you might be on to something, especially since Cadillac loves to plaster their logo everywhere they get the chance to do so. So much for my giant camera thought.

Here’s your answer:

Application number: 17 158871 SGN 00

Plug that application number into the building permit search: http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/setup.do?action=init

In conjunction with a multi-storey building on the premises, proposal to erect and display four illuminated wall signs located on the uppermost storey and second storey of the building. Two uppermost storey logo wall signs are erected on the southeast and northeast elevations, each measuring 5.2 metres vertically by 10.74 metres horizontally at a height of 149.7 metres above grade. Two wall signs are located on the second storey of the west and south elevatios, each measuring 0.61 metres vertically by 9.85 metres at a height of 10 metres above grade. **CF**

Well it looks like @Irishmonk was right on the money. CF really has no shame at all in plastering their logo everywhere.

This makes me wonder if the Simpson Tower is next, in order for them to fully complete the destruction of that project.

Well it looks like @Irishmonk was right on the money. CF really has no shame at all in plastering their logo everywhere.

This makes me wonder if the Simpson Tower is next, in order for them to fully complete the destruction of that project.
What's odd is that they're a commercial real estate company owned by teachers. I can understand why a bank or telecom would want to advertise heavily to attract consumers, but why does CF feel the need to invest so much in this type of advertising? Do they actually think that shoppers care about the corporation that owns the mall in which they shop? Are they afraid people will ditch CF and go to RioCan malls if they don't know that they exist? Perplexing.

Back