Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

IMG_6050.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6050.JPG
    IMG_6050.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 253
It's too bad they couldn't have matched the colour of the bridge instead of using bright yellow.
It's probably yellow for safety reasons to remind people to be cautious around them because the streetcar wires are live and they don't have any insulation on them as they are just bare wires.

I love how they have installed that terracotta capital on the Bay upside down.

Not quite square peg round hole' but still quite the oversight. The downside-up capital also seems to be a different colour, a replica replacement..?

I wonder if it could be an intentional thing. Sometimes in architecture, there is a tradition of making a small mistake like that.

I wonder if it could be an intentional thing. Sometimes in architecture, there is a tradition of making a small mistake like that.

No. There are strict controls on that heritage building. No flight-of-fancy errors would be permitted.

Google Streetview shows (what appears to be) the original capital prior to removal of the old bridge. Unclear what happened here.

ETA: seriously? My post was edited by a moderator because I wrote "unclear what the f**k happened here" (with the asterisks)? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Back