Toronto East United Condos | 82.6m | 24s | SigNature | Giannone Petricone

My dream would be getting a Farm Boy downtown, but I have a suspicion it will be a CityMarket or Loblaws situation at that project. Guess we'll find out in the next year or two.

Farm Boy is coming to Minto Westside (Front and Bathurst). HOME condos at Power/Adelaide across the street from here will be getting a grocery store, it was rumoured to be Sobey’s (parent of Farm Boy), so let’s see.

Today.
3CF1EAC7-F9F3-4EB9-9E9A-4DC59B94F844.jpeg

Yeah, this is awful.

Farm Boy is coming to Minto Westside (Front and Bathurst). HOME condos at Power/Adelaide across the street from here will be getting a grocery store, it was rumoured to be Sobey’s (parent of Farm Boy), so let’s see.
I think the proposal up the street on Parliament & Queen (Shoppers Drug Mart) is supposed to include a grocery store as well. A return of Sobeys to Corktown would be interesting. I will also add that Rocco's No Frills at Front & Princess is a very good store.

Re: grocery stores discussion above

As a West Ender who lives fairly close to multiple grocery stores including both No Frills, Freshco and also Food Basics, Sobeys, Nations. I'd give the edge to No Frills for consistency of deals combined with Optimum Points. Nations at Stockyards has become a good spot too in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I passed by today. Luckily I didn't have my camera. I got a really good look at this thing in person and it's worse than I thought. It is god awful. From the multi colored brick to the cheap materials. Think this one's going to get a lot of flack around here and maybe one of the worst builds I've seen in a long time.

Yes, when I lived in the area I loved shopping there. So clean.
When it first opened it really was very good but they seem to be trying to move more down-market as the quality of the vegetables is now generally poor and the range of 'higher end' products seems to shrink week by week. I certainly continue to shop there for many things but no longer do 90% of my grocery shopping there.

Back